Lots of Mediocrity in my PONY Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of Mediocrity in my PONY Keepers

MY potential Keepers for PONY (15 team mixed, standard 5x5)

Have to Keep:
    X Bogaerts g19 $15
    K Bryant g20 $15
    J Bradley g19 $11
    A Nola g19 $10

Other options (can keep 6 of these)

E Rosario o19 $5 (extend $5/yr?)
    N Mazera o19 $5 (extend?)
    C Hernandez o19 $10
    J Lowrie o20 $5
    J Bauers o20 $5
    T O'Neill o20 $5
    B Zobrist o20 $3
    D Swanson o20 $2
    S Kingerly o21 $5

Z Greinke o19 $20
    R Iglesias o19 $13
    T Glasnow o20 $5
    S Newcomb o20 $5
    A Bradley o19 $3
    A Ottavino o20 $5
    S Dominguez o20 $5

My only close minor league help is Jesus Lazardo...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

I'd probably keep Eddie and extend him a year, Mazara also extend for a year, Greinke, Bradley, probably Iglasias, and most likely Hernandez.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with Horns with the exception I would keep Swanson for 2 bucks as well.

Comment

yeah that's not good. Rosario, Mazara, Greinke, Iglesias, Glasnow, Bradley. Could be argued into Dominguez over Iglesias or Greinke.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          yeah that's not good. Rosario, Mazara, Greinke, Iglesias, Glasnow, Bradley. Could be argued into Dominguez over Iglesias or Greinke.
          I know the mantra is buy skills, not roles, but I really worry about what role Dominguez may have this season. But it would save you money...OTOH, Greinke is a mid-season trade chip if you're falling out of contention.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

No one likes Newcomb? I know he fell apart a bit at the end of the year, but I was thinking that was just stamina from his first year in the majors... more to it than that?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              No one likes Newcomb? I know he fell apart a bit at the end of the year, but I was thinking that was just stamina from his first year in the majors... more to it than that?
              Feels like there are several similar pitchers you can get in the $1-$3 range in a 15 team mixed, I wouldn't waste a keeper spot on Newcomb, especially not at a $5 pricetag.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Feels like there are several similar pitchers you can get in the $1-$3 range in a 15 team mixed, I wouldn't waste a keeper spot on Newcomb, especially not at a $5 pricetag.
                Yep.

You can get him back with new contract if you really need to have him on your roster. Pre-auction not using a spot.

Comment

Working...
                X