Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Democrats and those that lean a little left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    I definitely have friends and family members who are conservative, including a few who support Trump. I'm not sure what your definition of "true friend" is. Since I got married and had kids and moved to the suburbs, I'm not sure how I would even define "true friends" any more, since everything revolves around the kids for me.
    This is exactly true for me, sadly. And almost all the parents of the kids that my kids are friends with lean conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
      it has been awhile since I been up there but they were passionate about there politics too at one time
      They used to be very passionate about politics but that has subsided a lot in the last 20 years or so. At one time Quebec was hell bent on separating from Canada, but it never happened and that is no longer on the radar. Interestingly, some of the more radical from the oil producing province of Alberta have started raising the separation idea as they feel ripped off by the lack of support from the federal govt regarding oil pipelines and revenue distribution. Doubt that would ever happen, but then who thought Trump would ever be president?

Is there much interest in Ohio for hockey outside of Columbus?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        They used to be very passionate about politics but that has subsided a lot in the last 20 years or so. At one time Quebec was hell bent on separating from Canada, but it never happened and that is no longer on the radar. Interestingly, some of the more radical from the oil producing province of Alberta have started raising the separation idea as they feel ripped off by the lack of support from the federal govt regarding oil pipelines and revenue distribution. Doubt that would ever happen, but then who thought Trump would ever be president?

Is there much interest in Ohio for hockey outside of Columbus?
        Cleveland and Toledo are.

Cleveland has a minor league team that won a championship in 2016 before the Cavs.
        Strong hockey teams in Toledo and Cleveland( high school)
        Bowling Green is trying to reestablish it programs to back when it won the NCAA Championship many moons ago.
        Last edited by hacko; 01-14-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

One of the guys I have lunch with every day is a staunch R. We don't talk politics much but he will make fun of Trump and his outlandish lies and I will make fun of Warren being a Native American. Probably why we get along since we realize even "our side" isn't right 100% of the time.

Comment

Working...
          X