Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 unsettling answers to the fermi paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    No. Don't make believe. Learn.
    Different men's brains learn in different manners. I strive for enlightenment always

Doubtless microscopic biological life will be found within our own solar system as we explore the outer planets and moons. But do microbes beget life at larger scales inevitably, or only on our own earth?
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Quote Originally Posted by rhd View Post
    Only things that are allowed by the laws of physics. But then again, the laws of physics might change at some point! So, who knows?
    it's my pleasure. because i know you and jay and everyone understand it. and the girl in the video is nice.

Doubtless microscopic biological life will be found within our own solar system as we explore the outer planets and moons. But do microbes beget life at larger scales inevitably, or only on our own earth?
    Do men believe in Life they cant see ? Does the hawk fear the mouse ? Can we create a world in six dimensions ? these questions have confounded our greatest minds Who are we to explain the unexplainable ?

Disquieting mechanistic baseline logic can quickly lead one to the wrong conclusions whereas higher levels of thinking devour men before logic can even take hold.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Destructive measures blast life from the surface of the planets before it can gain a foothold. Whether destroyed mainly by living beings as their own undoing, or by outside forces like cometary bombardment, life winds down magically before life can move outward into the void to sustain itself.
    I think you speak the truth here, I don't disagree

Doorways may betray life from beyond the reach of our sensors. Who knows if wormholes really exist, but there is some evidence that they do. Maybe black-hole light escaping is a sign from civilizations across the universe? It shouldn't be doing that.

Doorways may betray life from beyond the reach of our sensors. Who knows if wormholes really exist, but there is some evidence that they do. Maybe black-hole light escaping is a sign from civilizations across the universe? It shouldn't be doing that.
    This is a bridge too far. Nothing escapes from the black hole, this is elementary physics that all dilligent men basically lament.

the universe wouldn't be so impossibly big unless there were ways to circumvent it. since space is malleable, you can circumvent it. but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nullnor View Post
    the universe wouldn't be so impossibly big unless there were ways to circumvent it. since space is malleable, you can circumvent it. but not yet.
    you can through the underverse
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski