10 unsettling answers to the fermi paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Not true. Black holes undergo quantum decay. The tiny ones evaporate completely. You also assume our knowledge of black hole physics is complete when it is not.

What he said.

It is not inappropriate to consider black holes as separate universes. Depending on the size, the physics inside could be very different.

J
    Nothing is settled. Debate might benefit all Life. Our universe is one of constant struggle with opposing forces. Simplification can be deadly
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Nothing is settled. Debate might benefit all Life. Our universe is one of constant struggle with opposing forces. Simplification can be deadly
      Deadly mutations benefit life, too. What may seem deadly in the short term is for survival of the fittest in the long term.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Deadly mutations benefit life, too. What may seem deadly in the short term is for survival of the fittest in the long term.
        Dangerous missions began long before we understood mutations or survival of the fittest. Did malignant being's lead to extinction ? This is the question at hand. How best to solve it I can't say.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Dangerous missions began long before we understood mutations or survival of the fittest. Did malignant being's lead to extinction ? This is the question at hand. How best to solve it I can't say.
          Doubtless more beneficial learning will come as we send probes to the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Doubtless more beneficial learning will come as we send probes to the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
            much higher chance of finding life more evolved than soil microbes there than anywhere else in the solar system
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Not true. Black holes undergo quantum decay. The tiny ones evaporate completely. You also assume our knowledge of black hole physics is complete when it is not.

J
              Decaying matter in blackholes linearly attracts anti-matter as a dense mass boundary layer. It's why they can never completely disappear.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Decaying matter in blackholes linearly attracts anti-matter as a dense mass boundary layer. It's why they can never completely disappear.
                Maybe.

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
                J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Maybe.

J
                  Extrapolation of our knowledge of the decay can lead us down the correct path with high confidence. There is no other explanation
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I've given it more thought. I think KS might be on the rigjt path. His thoughts align with much of the research i have reviewed. A fascinating topic to say the least
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

According to some the aliens have probed here already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Damn martians be lurking amongst us ? Possible, perhaps likely
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I think there is ample evidence in this thread of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I think there is ample evidence in this thread of that.
                            Show us.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Show us.

J
                              He means you.
                              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                                He means you.
                                Bit of a generalization don't you think, especially in the #metoo era.

Comment

Working...
                                X