10 unsettling answers to the fermi paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    And if the universe is infinite, there's another onejayhawk posting on another rotojunkie forum somewhere. Lord help us.
    and he also thinks there's no other life in the universe?
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Lenny Bruce??
      You realize that only you and I are going to get that reference, right? #OldGuys

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        You realize that only you and I are going to get that reference, right? #OldGuys
        Yep.

Did you laugh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Yep.

Did you laugh?
          Of course! (Not as much as I do at onejay, but yes!)

Comment

and he also thinks there's no other life in the universe?
            No, that version of onejayhawk is the monkey who is tired after typing out the complete works of Shakespeare. He doesn't really think about other life much.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              There is big and then there is infinite. If the universe is only big, we're likely alone.

J
              Even if it is not infinite, we know there are at least 2 trillion other galaxies. I don't get why you believe what happened with us is not likely to have occurred more than once in 2 trillion galaxies. I have it on good authority that 2 trillion is a pretty big number. In fact, it would take you 64,000 years to count to 2 trillion counting 1 number per second, 24 hurs a day. Then multiply that by the billions of star systems. There is just no way we are it.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-20-2019, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• I can't imagine watching Ben-Hur more than once a day. 24 times seems like torture.

Comment

The name of my next band.
                  I will not be attending any of your shows...
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    2 trillion is a pretty big number.
                    Where else besides RJ are you going to get this kind of information?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I will not be attending any of your shows...
                      Extinction Event will miss you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        I can't imagine watching Ben-Hur more than once a day. 24 times seems like torture.
                        Especially when the movie is close to 4 hours long. Have to watch on FF, I guess.

Comment

Where else besides RJ are you going to get this kind of information?
                          At an Extinction Event concert?
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Or do they just call them Extinction Events?
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Especially when the movie is close to 4 hours long. Have to watch on FF, I guess.
                              Freaky Friday ?
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Freaky Friday ?

Comment

Working...
                                X