No announcement yet.

10 unsettling answers to the fermi paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diatoms meet boiling lava--that's likely repeated on countless planets in the universe. But how many times does microbial biology let intelligent life unfurl from that?
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Disagreenment is basic developmental to life formation. Without the yin and yang no progress is possible in our universe
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Diatoms meet boiling lava--that's likely repeated on countless planets in the universe. But how many times does microbial biology let intelligent life unfurl from that?
        Very unlikely, the subatomic particles speak truth that cant be denied. To think otherwise is folly
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Destructive measures blast life from the surface of the planets before it can gain a foothold. Whether destroyed mainly by living beings as their own undoing, or by outside forces like cometary bombardment, life winds down magically before life can move outward into the void to sustain itself.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Doubly making biological life unsustainable is the ubiquitous cosmic radiation that rips apart DNA, magnetic blocking like on our planet being uncommon elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I disagree
              Cute shtick.

Damn.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Destructive measures blast life from the surface of the planets before it can gain a foothold. Whether destroyed mainly by living beings as their own undoing, or by outside forces like cometary bombardment, life winds down magically before life can move outward into the void to sustain itself.
                I cant disagree....but have you considered the limitless encounters which might exist in a parallel, yet transitory galaxy of infinite dimensions ? Tom brady pales in comparison
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I agree
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    Damn.
                    Maybe bloke...lighten up?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I agree
                      No. Don't make believe. Learn.

Comment

No. Don't make believe. Learn.
                        Different men's brains learn in different manners. I strive for enlightenment always
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Doubtless microscopic biological life will be found within our own solar system as we explore the outer planets and moons. But do microbes beget life at larger scales inevitably, or only on our own earth?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            Only things that are allowed by the laws of physics. But then again, the laws of physics might change at some point! So, who knows?
                            it's my pleasure. because i know you and jay and everyone understand it. and the girl in the video is nice.

Comment

Doubtless microscopic biological life will be found within our own solar system as we explore the outer planets and moons. But do microbes beget life at larger scales inevitably, or only on our own earth?
                              Do men believe in Life they cant see ? Does the hawk fear the mouse ? Can we create a world in six dimensions ? these questions have confounded our greatest minds Who are we to explain the unexplainable ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Disquieting mechanistic baseline logic can quickly lead one to the wrong conclusions whereas higher levels of thinking devour men before logic can even take hold.

Comment

Working...
                                X