10 unsettling answers to the fermi paradox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    It is a great poem, and accurate....the only thing we have made in the US that would survive us for more than a blip on the cosmic clock is Mt Rushmore.
    That's actually an interesting question. What would survive the longest? I imagine Hoover Dam would last quite a while. There are probably some canals or similar works of engineering that would last for a while. On a more negative note, I bet open pit mines would last a while, too. Some of those things are gargantuan.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      That's actually an interesting question. What would survive the longest? I imagine Hoover Dam would last quite a while. There are probably some canals or similar works of engineering that would last for a while. On a more negative note, I bet open pit mines would last a while, too. Some of those things are gargantuan.
      I read somewhere that non-stick coating will last millions of years. Have to imagine nuclear bunkers and the like will last a really long time, too.

But the longest lasting remnants of man will be what we leave behind on the moon or what we've sent into space, like Voyager, because most everything else will be eroded within a few tens of thousand years.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I read somewhere that non-stick coating will last millions of years. Have to imagine nuclear bunkers and the like will last a really long time, too.

But the longest lasting remnants of man will be what we leave behind on the moon or what we've sent into space, like Voyager, because most everything else will be eroded within a few tens of thousand years.
        Pretty sure that was just a Blue Granite infomercial
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Pretty sure that was just a Blue Granite infomercial
          To be fair, I bet most plastics and the like will outlast even the sturdiest cement/concrete structure.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
          X