Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ***VD 13 Spreadsheet***

Big Leaguer
    Unfortunate bug I just ran into - on the "pick" sheet, cell C100 points to $ROUNDS.J17 and J18, not 23 and 24; this made Johnny Bench look like he wasn't drafted on the "hit_car" and "hit_seas" sheets.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by mjl View Post
    Unfortunate bug I just ran into - on the "pick" sheet, cell C100 points to $ROUNDS.J17 and J18, not 23 and 24; this made Johnny Bench look like he wasn't drafted on the "hit_car" and "hit_seas" sheets.
    I don't have that problem in my sheet.

My guess is that what happened is you moved some cells on the 'rounds' worksheet? On the 'rounds' worksheet, I always recommend that people copy-and-paste rather than cutting/moving. I'm not sure if that's what happened, but it's the only way that comes to mind.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

I don't have that problem with bench either. But I'll check when I get home.

I'm going to have a fun evening one of these days inputting all these "ken changes".

I think "ken work" is going to be my new go to phrase for undesirable tasks. I got a whole basket of Ken Work that needs ironing. I got a lotta Ken Work to do before I file my taxes etc etc

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post

I'm going to have a fun evening one of these days inputting all these "ken changes".

I think "ken work" is going to be my new go to phrase for undesirable tasks. I got a whole basket of Ken Work that needs ironing. I got a lotta Ken Work to do before I file my taxes etc etc
    Haha, if I had edit rights to a spreadsheet I could do it via query in a lot less time than your taxes. Maybe I already do and just dont know it?

The OBP cell for each team's page for their hitter #15 is calculating batting average instead of OBP. The rest of the hitters are fine. The error is on both career and BY for hitter 15.
    "My battery's low and it's getting dark." - Last message from NASA's Opportunity Rover, built to operate for 90 days but kept going for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    The OBP cell for each team's page for their hitter #15 is calculating batting average instead of OBP. The rest of the hitters are fine. The error is on both career and BY for hitter 15.
    Thx. Fixed. Didn't effect the standings BTW ... that was already being calculated independently.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post

I filed my taxes last night. Biggest refund I've ever gotten, it was a nice surprise.

Big Leaguer
    Full disclosure on my Mickey Cochrane pick...

Mickey Cochrane had 830 RBI not 832

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I filed my taxes last night. Biggest refund I've ever gotten, it was a nice surprise.
    Filed mine this week.. can make it another 3 months before I move onto the streets
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Big Leaguer
    In the spreadsheet there are several rows of "99" stats. I believe these were an early attempt at getting hitting stats for some pitchers? Regardless they aren't real ID's so I'm ignoring the

Code:
    quinnja99
    uhlege99
    yeagejo99
    youngcy99
    youngir99
    zachato99
    Here are the playerID corrections for real playerIDs that do not match bbref (and therefore I'm calling them "incorrect" - in some cases they are just a difference between lahman and bbref, but we are standardizing on bbref)

Code:
    incorrect	last	first	correct
    drewjd01	Drew	J.D.	drewj.01
    mondead01	Mondesi	Adalberto	mondera02
    obrieda01	O'Brien	Darby	o'brida01
    obrieja01	O'Brien	Jack	o'brija01
    obriepe03	O'Brien	Pete	o'bripe03
    oconnja01	O'Connor	Jack	o'conja01
    odoulle01	O'Doul	Lefty	o'doule01
    ofarrbo01	O'Farrell	Bob	o'farbo01
    oneilpa01	O'Neill	Paul	o'neipa01
    oneilst01	O'Neill	Steve	o'neist01
    oneilti01	O'Neill	Tip	o'neiti01
    orourji01	O'Rourke	Jim	o'rouch01
    orourjo01	O'Rourke	John	o'roujo01
    phamto01	Pham	Tommy	phamth01
    pierzaj01	Pierzynski	Anthony 	pierza.01
    surhobj01	Surhoff	B.J.	surhob.01
    youkike01	Youkilis	Kevin	youklke01
    burneaj01	Burnett	A.J.	burnea.01
    delacto01	de la Cruz	Tommy	dela_to01
    dickera01	Dickey	R.A.	dicker.01
    garcifr02	Garcia	Freddy	garcifr03
    graydo02	Gray	Dolly	graydo01
    harriwi02	Harris	Will	harriwi10
    johnsji01	Johnson	Jim	johnsji04
    odayha01	O'Day	Hank	o'dayha01
    odellbi01	O'Dell	Billy	o'delbi01
    ortizra01	Ortiz	Ramon	ortizra02
    richajr01	Richard	J.R.	richaj.01
    ryanbj01	Ryan	B.J.	ryanb.01
    sabatcc01	Sabathia	CC	sabatc.01
    santajo01	Santana	Johan	santajo02
    vazqufe01	Vazquez	Felipe	riverfe01
    Picks that need to be updated on the "Rounds" spreadsheet (note this is JUST a change to fix playerIDs not a change of stats):

Round 2 for Controller

h2
    o'rouji01

Round 15 for DMT
    h9
    o'doule01

Round 18 for DMT
    h9
    o'neiti01