***VD 13 Spreadsheet***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***VD 13 Spreadsheet***

New version with Ken's stat fixes from BB-Ref (removed hit_comb and pit_comb for the sake of file size):

Johnny's version of the spreadsheet:

Older version 1.5 of the spreadsheet:

The following issues have been fixed:
    Fixes in Version 0.1:
    1. Added about 200 hitters from the 2010s decade.
    2. Added about 900 hitter best seasons from the 2010s decade.
    3. Removed about 150 hitter best seasons that have never been used and have no reasonable prospect of being used (they were all additional seasons for a hitter where there was a better season for that hitter in that decade and the removed season was better in no category.)
    4. Filled in decades for the hitters that were missing decades, except for about 20 awful QUIZY players that have no prospect of being used unless we do a combo decades-lastname draft and require 5 QUIZYs
    5. Fixed some hitter best seasons that were in error (mentioned earlier in the thread).

Fixes in Version 1.0:
    6. Updated team names for VD13
    7. Changed AVG to OBP formula in hit_car and hit_seas worksheets
    8. Fixed typo in Curtis Granderson's 2011 season PA, should be 691 instead of 7.
    9. J.D. Martinez is in the spreadsheet twice, once as martijd01 and once as martijd02. Stat lines were identical, but removed martijd01.
    10. Bryce Harper is in the spreadsheet twice, once as harpebr01 and once as harpebr03. The harpebr03 stat line is the correct one. Removed harpebr01.
    11. Corrected Eric Young Jr.'s career stat line forseveral OBP-related categories.
    12. Fixed Dustin Pedroia 2011 season listed as belonging to the 1920 decade, moved to 2010 decade.
    13. Corrected Albert Pujols career walk total.
    14. Removed leading space (Unicode 160) before the digits in the career BB-HB-SF-PA fields for some 2000-2010 decade hitters, which was preventing an OBP formula from working correctly.
    15. Updated Juan Uribe and Omar Infante for missing stats from 2016
    16. Fixed Beltre and Beltran career OBP-related stats flipped between the two of them.

Fixes in Version 1.1:
    17. Removed 20 duplicate hitter seasons from 1959.
    18. Remove the 14th drafter slot from various worksheets
    19. Update the standings rankings to reflect 13 teams instead of 14
    20. Update team sheets to reflect OBP instead of AVG

Fixes in Version 1.2:
    21. Add any relevant pitchers missing from the 2010s decade.
    22. Add pitcher best seasons from the 2010s decade.
    23. Fill in missing pitcher decades for some players

New fixes in Version 1.3:
    24. Additional two players needed for this draft (Hitter #15 and Pitcher #12, rounds 26-27) are reflected everywhere necessary
    25. Standings were backwards for ERA and WHIP categories in CP/BYP worksheets
    26. Cleaned up errors in 'picks' worksheet that was causing missing picks, which prevented them from being shown as drafted in the hitter/pitcher worksheets.
    27. Added 'hit_comb' and 'pit_comb' worksheets

What remains to be done:
    1. Some of the post-2013 hitter and pitcher playerIDs that I added are likely wrong, but none of them conflict with existing playerIDs in the spreadsheet. It would be good if someone can double-check these at some point. (If the player started his career after 2013, I assumed his playerID was in the form of trumpdo01, unless the first five characters of his last name were already in use in the spreadsheet, in which case I manually checked with BB-Ref.)
    Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 02-12-2019, 02:55 PM.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

I think you copied that link from after vBulletin had its way with formatting the visible text. It doesn't work for me.

The URL should be https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cn...7q7ttW4CftKJiB

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I think you copied that link from after vBulletin had its way with formatting the visible text. It doesn't work for me.

The URL should be https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cn...7q7ttW4CftKJiB
      Fixed. Thanks.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

When Johnny starts the history thread, he can copy this over, too:

1.01 Babe Ruth OF 1921
        1.02 Walter Johnson P 1913
        1.03 Ty Cobb OF 1911
        1.04 Ted Williams OF 1949
        1.05 Christy Mathewson P 1908
        1.06 Pete Alexander P 1915
        1.07 Rickey Henderson OF 1985
        1.08 Willie Mays OF 1955
        1.09 Barry Bonds OF 2001
        1.10 Cy Young P 1892
        1.11 Charley Radbourn P 1884
        1.12 Alex Rodriguez SS/3B 2007

Comment

If you wanted to start the history thread, then we could both edit the posts.

Comment

DAMN! that was quick. no messing about from KS this time guys! Get your drafting hats on!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              DAMN! that was quick. no messing about from KS this time guys! Get your drafting hats on!
              I'm sitting around with queries that take about 3 minutes each to run, and nothing to do in between but post on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I'm sitting around with queries that take about 3 minutes each to run, and nothing to do in between but post on here!
                You need some Threadripper in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  You need some Threadripper in your life.
                  I was thinking he needed some database indexes and a better execution plan.

Comment

Burn!!!!! 🤥😲

Comment

I'm seeing some dups in hit_seas, appears to be specific to 1959
                      cepedor01_1959
                      boyerke01_1959
                      allisbo01_1959

It may be specific to mine, I use open office calc
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        I use open office calc
                        I feel your pain 🤪

You can get a fully functioning and "legit" grey market MS Office key for about 20 bucks.

Comment

It's the truth. We'll get there. In the mean time, I still have to use the data. It's only a few tens of millions of rows, so it's not too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            I'm seeing some dups in hit_seas, appears to be specific to 1959
                            cepedor01_1959
                            boyerke01_1959
                            allisbo01_1959

It may be specific to mine, I use open office calc
                            I confirm. There are 20 duplicate years, all from 1959. I will fix in the next release.

Comment

There may be two relevant pitching bys missing

These were both taken in vd10:
                              papeljo01_2014
                              streehu01_2014

If they are indeed missing, the Street one looks more important. The Papelbon one must have been a very specific need.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                              X