No announcement yet.

***VD 13 Spreadsheet***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not including the bots, there seems to be much more traffic on the site lately.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Not including the bots, there seems to be much more traffic on the site lately.
      That probably has to do with this "inactivity setting" I've been playing with. Since everyone says they keep getting kicked, I upped the setting from 900 seconds to 10,000 seconds to see if that works, but that also changes the "Who's Online" setting.

BTW, the vBulletin Admin Panel is NOT very user friendly at all.

Comment

There's a problem on the SeitzerSheet -- it's not picking up certain picks on the 'Picks' page, and so the rest of the formulas do not realize that some players have been selected.

Comment

Updated the "what remains to be done" list with these two items:
          2. Standings are backwards for ERA and WHIP categories in CP/BYP worksheets
          3. Picks worksheet is borked and is missing some picks. This prevents them from being shown as drafted in the hitter/pitcher worksheets.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Updated the "what remains to be done" list with these two items:
            2. Standings are backwards for ERA and WHIP categories in CP/BYP worksheets
            3. Picks worksheet is borked and is missing some picks. This prevents them from being shown as drafted in the hitter/pitcher worksheets.
            Did you build this on vd10 or vd13?

Comment

Did you build this on vd10 or vd13?
              Ignore

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                That probably has to do with this "inactivity setting" I've been playing with. Since everyone says they keep getting kicked, I upped the setting from 900 seconds to 10,000 seconds to see if that works, but that also changes the "Who's Online" setting.

BTW, the vBulletin Admin Panel is NOT very user friendly at all.
                I feel like my log out issues were much more a mobile thing than on my desktop, if that helps trouble shoot. Not sure if Johnny's and other's experience was the same.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  I feel like my log out issues were much more a mobile thing than on my desktop, if that helps trouble shoot. Not sure if Johnny's and other's experience was the same.
                  I don't have nay issues, but I have semi-admin privileges.

Comment

Updated the first post of this thread with Johnny's new spreadsheet.

New fixes in Version 1.3:
                    24. Additional two players needed for this draft (Hitter #15 and Pitcher #12, rounds 26-27) are reflected everywhere necessary
                    25. Standings were backwards for ERA and WHIP categories in CP/BYP worksheets
                    26. Cleaned up errors in 'picks' worksheet that was causing missing picks, which prevented them from being shown as drafted in the hitter/pitcher worksheets.
                    27. Added 'hit_comb' and 'pit_comb' worksheets
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Updated the first post of this thread with Johnny's new spreadsheet.

New fixes in Version 1.3:
                      24. Additional two players needed for this draft (Hitter #15 and Pitcher #12, rounds 26-27) are reflected everywhere necessary
                      25. Standings were backwards for ERA and WHIP categories in CP/BYP worksheets
                      26. Cleaned up errors in 'picks' worksheet that was causing missing picks, which prevented them from being shown as drafted in the hitter/pitcher worksheets.
                      27. Added 'hit_comb' and 'pit_comb' worksheets
                      Also:

- made the SS forward compatible for 15 drafters, 16 hitters, 12 pitchers. Should be much easier to set up the spreadsheet in the future.
                      - rebuilt all the individual team sheets so that they were identical.
                      - expanded the detection range on the Rounds page by 2 columns
                      - replaced the validation on the Rounds sheet for a Decades draft
                      - Era sheet needed reconnected (after I remade the team sheets)
                      - put the hit_comb and pit_comb sheets separate because they have no baring on the functional aspects of the spreadsheet
                      - rebuilt the Snapshot page
                      - made Standings, CP, BYP, CH, BYH sheets compatible with all 15 team sheets for easy compiling in the future

I didn't touch the Pos sheet, because I have no clue what's going on there

.. and all of this with a wonky Find/Replace fucntion!

Comment

MJL got a "1" error when I put in Molitor. No idea why.

Comment

MJL got a "1" error when I put in Molitor. No idea why.
                          Time delay penalty. ????

---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

we're number 1! we're number 1!

website update: successfully storing the 2017 Lahman db in Google cloud storage. still a ton of work to go, and I don't know anything about actually creating web pages - if someone here is a web designer, let me know.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              we're number 1! we're number 1!

website update: successfully storing the 2017 Lahman db in Google cloud storage. still a ton of work to go, and I don't know anything about actually creating web pages - if someone here is a web designer, let me know.
                              I'm decent at web pages. I went with baseball reference rather than Lahman though since we are using the bbref IDs. I have that in a local SQLServer instance although it is trivial to put it somewhere else, like and AzureDB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I'm decent at web pages. I went with baseball reference rather than Lahman though since we are using the bbref IDs. I have that in a local SQLServer instance although it is trivial to put it somewhere else, like and AzureDB.
                                Yeah, I love Lahman, but the issue is that it's January, and he still doesn't have 2018 stats added. That will be the case every offseason. I have a 2018 stats dump that's easy for me to do, but doesn't have Lahman/BB-Ref IDs. So it's better to use the source that is updated for 2018 immediately after the season is over.

Comment

Working...
                                X