No announcement yet.

***VD 13 Spreadsheet***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw Ken, doubt this helps you all that much since I suspect you must be way beyond this point, but I just happened across the work I did for VD10 converting Lahman to our format. http://tinyurl.com/neutralmilkhotelsucks
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'll get all those changes down at some point today. Thx fellas ... Good work

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I'll get all those changes down at some point today. Thx fellas ... Good work
        I've worked through updating most of the hitter changes Ken mentioned, and I'll start on the pitcher changes shortly, and then post.

I'm checking in BB-Ref as I go. There are H/AB changes for some of the players Ken listed, as well.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Updated spreadsheet with the players fixed that Ken noted, also Berkman 2013 season added.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The last hitter slot (#15) is calculating AVG instead of OBP in the OBP column on the team pages. This doesn't affect anything in terms of standings/rankings, but it does display the wrong value in that cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              The last hitter slot (#15) is calculating AVG instead of OBP in the OBP column on the team pages. This doesn't affect anything in terms of standings/rankings, but it does display the wrong value in that cell.
              IOW KS has his next 15 picks mapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                IOW KS has his next 15 picks mapped out.
                Well kinda, but not really. I did projections, which is how I realized I had really messed up my pitcher rankings. I still feel like Ol Hoss, Big Unit, and Maddux were good picks, but Feller not so much.

Comment

There's a mistake in the spreadsheet where a bunch of Feral's entries in column E and F of his page reference column "sac" instead of "AC", which breaks a bunch of other stuff.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    There's a mistake in the spreadsheet where a bunch of Feral's entries in column E and F of his page reference column "sac" instead of "AC", which breaks a bunch of other stuff.
                    Fixed. Weird.

Comment

Another error fixed.

The Totalpts column (M) on the CP, BYP, CH, BYH sheets was not recording multi scoring for mjl.

Comment

Found the mjl "red number" issue on the ROUNDS worksheet. (Reason it's been hard to find is that the only time it shows up is when mjl and hacko have picked different numbers of players.)

Formula in cell A39 is referencing Hacko's number of players on the standings sheet instead of mjl's (formula referencing cell stand!AC13 instead should be stand!AC14)

=COUNTA(C38:AC38)-stand!AC14+IF(MAX(dec!C15:Q15)>1,5,0)+IF(MAX(dec!C 33:Q33)>1,7,0)

Comment

Ken's corrections of the day (through pick 108)

Bob Feller had 22 Sv not 21
                          Charlie Gehringer had 1775 R not 1774
                          Eddie Cicotte had 209 W not 208
                          Eddie Cicotte had 24 Sv not 25
                          Eddie Cicotte had a 1.154 WHIP not 1.155
                          Gaylord Perry had 10 Sv not 11
                          Pud Galvin had 1807 SO not 1806
                          Pud Galvin had 365 W not 364
                          Pud Galvin had a 2.85 ERA not 2.86
                          Ty Cobb had a 0.466 OBP in 1911 not 0.467
                          Whitey Ford had 11 Sv not 10

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Ken's corrections of the day (through pick 108)

Bob Feller had 22 Sv not 21
                            Charlie Gehringer had 1775 R not 1774
                            Eddie Cicotte had 209 W not 208
                            Eddie Cicotte had 24 Sv not 25
                            Eddie Cicotte had a 1.154 WHIP not 1.155
                            Gaylord Perry had 10 Sv not 11
                            Pud Galvin had 1807 SO not 1806
                            Pud Galvin had 365 W not 364
                            Pud Galvin had a 2.85 ERA not 2.86
                            Ty Cobb had a 0.466 OBP in 1911 not 0.467
                            Whitey Ford had 11 Sv not 10
                            YEAH!

Someone take Ken's laptop away please

Comment

In some later versions of the spreadsheet, Jim Thome's playerid has been changed to abreubo01 in the hit_car worksheet from 'thomeji01'. I'm not sure when or why this happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                In some later versions of the spreadsheet, Jim Thome's playerid has been changed to abreubo01 in the hit_car worksheet from 'thomeji01'. I'm not sure when or why this happened.
                                Gonna blame Pogues. We're still picking up his crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X