Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2K19: Willians Astudillo

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornsby View Post
    And that's an illustration to be clear in what you're trying to communicate, what you wrote was open to interpretation. I saw it one way, you say you meant it another...
    I mean, if you read the quote I posted, no.... not really.

You can literally put the posts back to back and read them. "And maybe even get more abs than the real back up catcher. Or the real starter."

Pretty simple. I think my 7 year old would grasp that on the first read, but she's a pretty big baseball fan so there's that.

And then I explained it and you told me I was wrong about what I meant. LOL.

And again, for the final time for me, just because he's playing another position, doesn't mean he play it well.
    I didn't ever claim he was an above average fielder, simply that he was capable, which gives him ABs. You are only arguing with yourself about his skills, all I'm interested in is getting the ABs. I'm a fantasy fan, not a Twins fan.

Baldelli is going to keep the bat in the line-up any way that he can as long as he's hitting...
    Correct, Baldelli loves him and specifically said he wants him to play all over the diamond.

the ball stops dropping, so will his PT. Just like any other player without a long resume'.
    It's strange how this argument has flipped. It started out as a statement that he wasn't worth a buck because he was only a 3rd string catcher who couldn't play any other positions, but now the goalposts have moved to "if he doesn't hit he won't play". I mean, if you want to beat down that straw man, go for it! I can't disagree. These days almost any player who doesn't hit has trouble seeing the field. I'll definitely agree with that one.

Have fun, it's been real...maybe we'll do this again sometime.
    Later!

BTW if you ever want to correct me on what I meant when I posted something, feel free to PM me instead of posting.
    Last edited by Ken; 04-10-2019 at 03:34 PM.

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

BTW if you ever want to correct me on what I meant when I posted something, feel free to PM me instead of posting.
    Thanks for the kind offer, but I feel things on a public board, are better played out in public. As long as there are no personal insults, let the discussion roll until it's played out. And this one is played out my friend...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Big Leaguer
    Thanks for the kind offer, but I feel things on a public board, are better played out in public. As long as there are no personal insults, let the discussion roll until it's played out. And this one is played out my friend...
    I think you whiffed on the point. Arguing with me about what I meant in a post is not something that is interesting for this board.

If you want to give some insightful information about why you don't like Astudillo's glove, I'm interested (honestly, I'd like to hear if you have some stats to back it up). Let's hear it!

But if you want to tell me all about what I meant in post #42 and how you know more about what I meant than I know, blah blah blah, drivel drivel drivel, I can't tell you how ridiculously boring that is.

Lets keep the baseball board focused interesting baseball discussions (there's lots of them in this thread before it went South), and leave the personal "but no you meant something you aren't saying you meant" garbage out.

Thanks in advance my friend.

I am just glad an idiot dropped in my two catcher league. Willians 'dillo and Wellington 'tillo is a nice pair in an AL only league. If Altuve starts to hit, I might have something.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Big Leaguer
    Astudillo continuing to suck in the field, just look at how terrible he is:

https://www.mlb.com/video/astudillo-...efensive-plays

Playing 1B today.

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by joncarlos View Post
    Playing 1B today.
    Agree, hitting cleanup

Willians Astudillo demoted to AAA Rochester today after hitting .250/.273/.357 in 120 AB's...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis