2K19: Willians Astudillo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    Nope...he's 3 string t catcher an cn't really play qnother position. I'll pass....
    You keep calling him their 3rd string catcher.

From the time he was called up in August last year to the end of the season he played 22 games. During that time Garver played 17. Why are you expecting Garver to suddenly be ahead of him on their depth chart when it was the opposite last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

From the time he was called up in August last year to the end of the season he played 22 games. During that time Garver played 17. Why are you expecting Garver to suddenly be ahead of him on their depth chart when it was the opposite last year?
      To be fair Garver was out with a concussion.

Garver had 302 abs in 2018. CBS has him slated as the first string catcher.

If Astudillio makes the roster coming out of spring training I would not mind him being my 2nd catcher based on what I have seen here. A lot will depend on preseason hype.

Comment

As Gregg noted, Garver and Castro were both hurt last year, which was the main reason that Astudillo was called up to the majors for the 1st time at the age of 26.

Yes, he does play other positions, most of them badly. He's got more accomplished players in front of his at every position...They love Castro, and they think that Garver can hit...so unless one of them get's hurt, it looks like very little playing time for Astudillo.

I suspect that he doesn't make the final 25 man roster, which is why I'm going to let others chase him.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post

Right now MLB's depth chart has Astudillo starting at 3B. He's a versatile guy but I'm not sure he beats out Sano. Of course, Sano could easily be suspended or banished to the minors. There's a lot of moving parts in Minnesota right now.

roster resource has astudillo projected to begin 2019 in the minors

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            roster resource has astudillo projected to begin 2019 in the minors
            They had him on the mlb roster last week. Too early to mean much at this point. Heck we don't even know anything about what Baldelli thinks of his team so it's all speculation.

Comment

Is he still projected to start in the minors?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Is he still projected to start in the minors?
                Aaron Gleeman posted this a couple of days ago...he's pretty well wired in.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

They should make him the 25th man on the roster just to get crowds to show up. I'd pay to watch him play.

Comment

So how much are you willing to pay to have him on your fantasy roster?

2 catchers or 1 catcher leagues.

Comment

I don't have any two catcher leagues this year, so nothing. A shame. He's lots of fun.

Comment

5-for-6 to start the year, and a stunning 38 for 99 in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          5-for-6 to start the year, and a stunning 38 for 99 in his career.
                          I practiced what I preached in this thread. I bought him in half of my leagues. So far so good but it's a long season.

Comment

He's available and Jansen has royally sucked. Is he full-time?
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I practiced what I preached in this thread. I bought him in half of my leagues. So far so good but it's a long season.
                              Two catcher only league I had to bow out at $7. I had allowed $5 and went the extra dollar. Just could not go $8.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                He's available and Jansen has royally sucked. Is he full-time?
                                Too early to give up on Jansen.

Astudillo is not full time, but then what catchers outside of Sanchez and Realmuto are?

Comment

Working...
                                X