2K19: Jurickson Profar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19: Jurickson Profar

Profar finally rewarded those who waited......and waited......and waited. Making his 5th seasonal appearance in 2018, and five long years after he was named BA's #1 overall prospect, Profar broke out to the tune of a .254/.335/.458 line with 20 HRs, 82 R, 77 RBIs and 10 SBs. But perhaps more importantly, he qualified all over the infield in most leagues giving his owners unmatched flexibility as well, all for the probable cost of a few FAAB ducats.

And as we all know, Oakland placed a high priority on acquiring him, and got a probable steal in a December 3-team deal. He'll now be Oakland's primary 2B for 2019.

I always like when Billy Beane places a high priority on acquiring players, because he's usually not wrong. So I like Profar to do well in 2019, probably with a similar line to 2018. He was more of a .280s-ish hitter in the minors, but I'm not sure I would go that far. I'll go:

.260/.343/.450 with 17 HRs, 70 RBIs, 75 Runs and 13 SBs.

I again find myself agreeing with your projections and logic. I remember El D was a loud critic of Profar, and he was right for a good long while, although a lot of that had to do with injuries, bad luck, and opportunities (it is fair to say these are excuses and results are results, but Profar did seem snake bit for a long while). But now I think Profar is finally primed to become the player that made him a highly touted prospect. He probably should not have been the #1 prospect, but he was and I think is a very good across the board player in the MIF, as Revo's very realistic projections indicate. In fact, I think a slightly higher BA is possible as well. I think Profar begins a good long stretch as a top 10 2bman in baseball, and a top 5-6 Only 2bman.

And, to my chargrin as a guy who had Profar in my minors, and carried him for a couple of years in the majors, he won't be doing it for my team. He went for a buck last year in my auction, and I didn't go two .

Comment

Profar held my IF together when Maikel Franco went MIA. I owe him for that.

That said, he's moving to a massively worse park. In 2018 the difference was over half a run per game, very best to third worst. His BA will take a big hit and the power numbers as well. He will need to be a a much better hitter to produce the same numbers, not counting R and RBI. Those are slot dependant and who knows where he'll hit?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
      X