Official Post-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Post-Season Thread

NFL All-Pro rosters announced, and somehow Tyreek Hill made it twice -- at the Flex spot on the 1st team and WR spot on the 2nd team. How can this be? And how did he get in as a Flex over Saquon Barkley, who had 600 more yards (or even McCaffrey with Barkley being the 2nd Team RB)?

Originally posted by revo View Post
    NFL All-Pro rosters announced, and somehow Tyreek Hill made it twice -- at the Flex spot on the 1st team and WR spot on the 2nd team. How can this be?
    He's like Ohtani in fantasy baseball

Comment

Go Bears!

Will they cover -6 against the Eagles?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        He's like Ohtani in fantasy baseball
        Seriously though, what's the logic behind it? And why Tyreek? Couldn't anyone be placed at the "All-Pro" Flex spot?

EDIT -- I found an article online that said Tyreek was left off the ballot as a WR and listed only as a returner, but not sure how that landed him two spots.

DOUBLE SECRET EDIT -- Tyreek wasn';t the only player getting two spots. JJ Watt and Derwin James also made both the 1st & 2nd Teams, and Von Miller made it at two separate positions as a 2nd team All Pro. Da Fuq?

Comment

I don't play fantasy football, but seems like this article explains why All-Pros can be lost yet the little-known backup just keeps on trucking:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ts-sean-mcvay/
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Nice story about Jared Goff and his dad Jerry:
            https://buffalonews.com/2019/02/02/s...ons-1994-2019/

A couple of years ago, Jerry was caddying for Jared in a celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe when he came across his former Bisons teammate, knuckleballer Tim Wakefield, who went on to become a big-league star.

Wakefield, who felt a kinship with Goff during their Bisons days as two guys who had experienced the big leagues and were hoping to get back, was surprised to see his former catcher.

“How are you, man? What are you doing?” Wakefield said to Goff.

“I’m caddying for my son,” Jerry Goff said.

“Who’s your son?” Wakefield asked.

“Jared,” Goff answered. “The quarterback for the Rams.”

“Holy crap!” Wakefield said. “That’s your kid?”

It happened last week, when Goff’s former Pirates manager Jim Leyland learned of the connection. Leyland – who, ironically, is a friend of New England coach Bill Belichick, and is rooting for the Patriots – got Jerry’s number and gave him a call. He wanted to congratulate his former catcher, and wish Jared luck.

“This is a great story,” Leyland told The News. “You look up and one of your old player’s sons is going to quarterback in a Super Bowl. That’s pretty good.”
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Zzzz zzzz zzzzzz

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Goat!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Goat!!
                    Who, Belichick?

Comment

Working...
                    X