Clear All

Looked good

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
      Looked good
      I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Our resident Brewers homer made a strange trade about a month ago. He traded a $28 Cain for Burnes 10F (free until activated). Then on Sat. cut down day he dropped him. I was confused by both moves. Now I am thinking he was gambling that Burnes would make the rotation and he might get him back for less. He would have had him free this year but $10 in the second. Maybe he thinks anything under 6-7 is a win for him.

He has a lot of money, but also a lot of slots to fill.

What do you pay for Burnes at auction. NL only 12 team? As a result of this thread and Burnes getting dropped he is now on my target list. How far do I push it?
        Burnes made it mid to late before being nominated. I pushed the Brewers homer to 10 with my $9 bid. I was hoping someone else with money would step in. They did not. He got him for $10. I should not have even pushed him that far as I did not need more pitching and was short on hitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
          Looked good
          5 innings, 1 walk, 12 Ks, 3 HRs. I can see that as something Burnes would do. Now to work on the HR allowed.

Comment

According to the Brewers' broadcast, in his first start, Burnes had the highest fastball spin rate ever recorded on Trackman.

Comment

Corbin adds a dubious record, as he’s just the 9th pitcher since 1908 to yield 3 HRs in each of his first three starts.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Corbin adds a dubious record, as he’s just the 9th pitcher since 1908 to yield 3 HRs in each of his first three starts.
                Yeahhh. As a Burnes owner not sure I want to lead with that.

Comment

was kept for 5 in my league
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I'm starting him this week, home vs STL. Hopefully his 3 HR allowed are all solo shots.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      I'm starting him this week, home vs STL. Hopefully his 3 HR allowed are all solo shots.
                      Well JC..... I have good news and bad news for you.

Before we start, you aren't too enamored with your WHIP are you? And you were serious about those solo shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Well JC..... I have good news and bad news for you.

Before we start, you aren't too enamored with your WHIP are you? And you were serious about those solo shots?
                        Luckily Kyle Gibson has alerady torched my ratios. But yeah... Burnes, torched... the headlines write themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          Luckily Kyle Gibson has alerady torched my ratios. But yeah... Burnes, torched... the headlines write themselves.
                          He was one HR away from having the record all to himself, too.

I'd have to think this does it for Burnes in the rotation for now. Is Nelson close? Do they have Dallas Keuchel in their "five"?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            He was one HR away from having the record all to himself, too.

I'd have to think this does it for Burnes in the rotation for now. Is Nelson close? Do they have Dallas Keuchel in their "five"?
                            Chase Anderson is replacing Peralta. Nelson is close-ish. I am thinking they will probably try to fake it with Davies/Anderson/Woodruff/Chacin until Nelson is back, maybe a bullpen game if they can't just skip their 5th.

Comment

I'm taking this as a positive - he only gave up 2 HR today.

Comment

Brewers manager Craig Counsell told reporters on Wednesday that the team would have a "long discussion" about keeping Corbin Burnes in the rotation.
                                Burnes was hit hard against the Cardinals on Wednesday, giving up nine hits and five runs in 3 1/3 innings. The talented right-hander has shown flashes of brilliance despite his struggles in 2019, but he's given up 11 homers and owns a 10.70 ERA because of his inability to keep the ball in the park. There's a lot to like about Burnes in the long-term, but he may need to work some things out either in the bullpen or possibly Triple-A San Antonio.

SOURCE: Adam McCalvy on Twitter
                                Apr 17, 2019, 5:53 PM

Comment

Working...
                                X