2K19 Brandon Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K19 Brandon Belt

He has only had two years of 500 (509 and 542) at bats since 2011.

CBS is projecting him for 486 abs with 30 hrs. This would be his 4th highest abs totals. He has never hit 30 hrs. In fact his best total is 18.

He does have a good career OBP of .356. Speed is a non-factor.

He will be 31 this year certainly still has some value. It is rumored he is on the trade block.

Does his name add a few dollars at auction time? At what price do you take a chance on him.

Probably about a $15 dollar player without inflation.

What do you all think?

30 HRs???? What kind of crack are they smoking?

I've kinda given up on this guy. He's a sabermetric darling, but just can't get it together.

I'd put him in for his typical .260/16/65 season. Projecting anything more for him is foolish.

Comment

I'm a sucker for him every year. He teased us LY with a great start to the season only to fall to small injuries as per norm that caused him to fall back to his normal self. Still think there is a big season in there somewhere so in OBP leagues I'll still be interested at the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
        I'm a sucker for him every year. He teased us LY with a great start to the season only to fall to small injuries as per norm that caused him to fall back to his normal self. Still think there is a big season in there somewhere so in OBP leagues I'll still be interested at the right price.
        Yes, in OBP leagues, he's extremely useful at the right price. If he's your CI or a UT, you're better off than if he's your main 1B, because he won't get you the counting stats you'll need from that slot.

Comment

Belt's biggest injury concern is concussions isn't it?
          I'd gather he's one more concussion away from retirement.

I don't think I'd peg him for more than 375 ABs

Comment

Will he be kept in your leagues? What kind and at what price.

He is 19A in our NL only 5x5. I decided to trade my 5th round reserve pick for Belt and his 13th round pick. I think I can flip him for something better as we get closer to roster cut down days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Will he be kept in your leagues? What kind and at what price.

He is 19A in our NL only 5x5. I decided to trade my 5th round reserve pick for Belt and his 13th round pick. I think I can flip him for something better as we get closer to roster cut down days.
              Wow, $19 seems high. Although NL Only makes a big difference.

In my 15 team mixed I have him at $1B and he's probably somewhere in the 13th-15th range as far as my keeper list goes (we keep 15).
              Last edited by Ken; 12-31-2018, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Wow, $19 seems high. Although NL Only makes a big difference.

In my 15 team mixed I have him at $1B and he's probably somewhere in the 13th-15th range as far as my keeper list goes (we keep 15).
                One of the Auction Calculators had him at $15 for NL only. That would be without inflation. So he might be a buck or two on the high side.

I have only played in mixed once or twice. I had a hard time valuing players. I read you have him at a buck and he seems like such a must keep at that price. Yet he may not be.

Comment

One of the Auction Calculators had him at $15 for NL only. That would be without inflation. So he might be a buck or two on the high side.
                  I'd take the under personally I think he's probably a $10 player in a standard only league.

I have only played in mixed once or twice. I had a hard time valuing players. I read you have him at a buck and he seems like such a must keep at that price. Yet he may not be.
                  Shallower leagues force you to focus more prominently on the higher end stars. Marginal players lose value because replacement level rises so much.

Comment

The Giants aren't going to be good this year. That will hurt his counting stats.

A trade would be great for him, though. AT&T just murders his power. He's signed through 2021 though, so I worry that he's borderline untradeable.

Comment

Posey might also be garnering more ABs at first

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        The Giants aren't going to be good this year. That will hurt his counting stats.

A trade would be great for him, though. AT&T just murders his power. He's signed through 2021 though, so I worry that he's borderline untradeable.
                        The Giants weren't good when the won the WS. That's business as usual.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          The Giants weren't good when the won the WS. That's business as usual.

J
                          Yeah, it takes a damn terrible team to win three World Series in five years.

Comment

HQ has him from 2014-18 as having been worth: 6, 20, 15, 8, 10.

has been bought in those years in my league for: 19, 24, 30, 31, 20.

so spend of 124 for return of..... 59 units.

someday he may receive the Adrian Gonzalez "Unfrozen" Lifetime Achievement Award for returning to the auction year, after year, after year....
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I may have a Belt issue. Drafted him 2016 $24, 2017 $22 and last season $9. Did trade him away the last two seasons. I swear last two season prior to the draft I was not going to take him. Not going to draft him this season either - I swear on my mother's grave.

Comment

Working...
                              X