Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Week 17 Thread

SCENARIOS

Chiefs clinch division AND No. 1 seed with W, OR LAC L AND NEP L AND HOU L, OR LAC L AND NEP L AND maybe KC beats HOU in strength of victory depending on Week 17 results

Chiefs clinch bye even with L, IF LAC L AND NEP L, OR LAC L AND HOU L, OR LAC L and maybe KC beats HOU in strength of victory depending on Week 17 results

Chiefs clinch division even with L, IF LAC L

Patriots clinch No. 1 seed with W AND KCC L AND LAC L

Patriots clinch bye with W OR BAL L AND HOU L AND TEN L

Texans clinch No. 1 seed with W AND NEP L AND KCC L AND LAC L AND maybe HOU beats KCC in strength of victory depending on Week 17 results

Texans clinch division and bye with W AND NEP L, OR W AND KCC L AND LAC L AND maybe HOU beats KCC in strength of victory depending on Week 17 results

Texans clinch division with W

Ravens clinch division AND bye with W AND NEP L AND HOU L

Ravens clinch division with W OR PIT L

Chargers clinch division and No. 1 seed with W AND KCC L

Colts clinch division with W AND HOU L

Colts clinch playoffs with W

Titans clinch division AND bye with W AND HOU L AND NEP L AND BAL L

Titans clinch division with W AND HOU L

Titans clinch playoffs with W

Steelers clinch division with W AND BAL L

Rams clinch bye with W OR CHI L

Bears clinch bye with W AND LAR L

Vikings clinch playoffs with W OR PHI L

AFC
    2-X PATRIOTS 10-5
    4 RAVENS 9-6, Steelers 8-6-1
    3-Y TEXANS 10-5, 6 COLTS 9-6, Titans 9-6
    1-Y CHIEFS 11-4, 5-Y CHARGERS 11-4

NFC
    4-X COWBOYS 9-6, Eagles 8-7
    3-X BEARS 11-4, 6 VIKINGS 8-6-1
    1-XZ1 SAINTS 13-2
    2-X RAMS 12-3, 5-Y SEAHAWKS 9-6

X - clinched division
    Y - clinched playoffs
    Z1 - clinched No. 1 seed

RACE TO THE BOTTOM (team with weaker schedule gets earlier pick)

1. Cardinals 3-12

2. 49ers 4-11
    3. Jets 4-11
    4. Raiders 4-11

5. Lions 5-10
    6. Buccaneers 5-10
    7. Bills 5-10
    8. Giants 5-10
    9. Jaguars 5-10

10. Falcons 6-9
    11. Panthers 6-9
    12. Broncos 6-9
    13. Bengals 6-9

14. Packers 6-8-1

15. Dolphins 7-8
    16. Redskins 7-8

17. Browns 7-7-1

Giants Daily
    ‏ @NYGDaily
    2h2 hours ago

Did you guys know that if the Giants (8-23) lose Sunday and the Browns (7-23-1) win, the Giants would have the worst record in the NFL over the last two seasons despite the Browns going 0-16 in 2017?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Did you guys know that if the Giants (8-23) lose Sunday and the Browns (7-23-1) win, the Giants would have the worst record in the NFL over the last two seasons despite the Browns going 0-16 in 2017?
    We're #1!

Comment

Oh man, what an ending in the Giants-Cowboys game

Comment

George Kittle sets the all-time NFL record for most receiving yards by a TE in a season. Wow.

Comment

Vikings crap the bed in the final game, management apparently decided that paying a QB 84 million automatically made the Offensive line elite as well. Sadly, that was not the case.

I wouldn't be sad to see either Zimmer or Speilman go, frankly the draft strategy has been puzzling at best.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

i wondered if firing the place kicker they drafted early in the season was a sign of dysfunction. the GM that used the pick has skin in it. and i don't know they fired the OC. and they couldn't run the ball. but the HC wanted too. bring in the next Kyle Shanahan or Sean McVay and fix the OL and Zimmer might prove to Jeff Fisher in disguise. you should have a strong HC with the authority to make all the decisions, but in the NFL you need a lot of collaboration and delegation to win. take the Colts for example. they get left at the altar by McDaniels with his hand picked coordinators. start the season 1-5 and win their last 9/10 games. they stuck with it. that's functional.

yet the Vikings kind of got screwed by the offensive friendly rule changes. their defense is elite. but the NFL wants every game to be 50 to 49. you could say the NFL took some liberties when they changed things to protect QB's and players and you can't really build a team around a defense, or not as easily.

i am even tired of Bill Belichick. the fucking controversies last year. that was just the final straw. you know he didn't play Butler because he was a hold out, yet led the team in snaps. if he had said at the beginning of the season, if we make the superbowl i am benching you for it, ok. maybe it wouldn't have made a difference as PHI was working it. but put your coaching fraternity principles away for once and give Brady the best chance to win. so yeah the Patriots are my team, and i root for them to lose because of all the bullshit over the years. and disrespecting players like Gronk that give it their all and know their time is limited.

actually i root for a lot of teams to lose. that horn the Vikings blow at home everytime they make a big play or score is kind of annoying. i know when i am watching them on TV, when they play at home, i am hoping they don't play good so i don't have to hear it all the time. heh

Comment

i got lucky choosing games to watch on replay, first one Troy Aikman and next one Cris Collinsworth.

Comment

in addition to being a Patriots fan living in NE. i loved everything about the early Patriots. i grew up with a Jim Plunkett poster on my door. when Mike Haynes left for the Raiders it was painful for me. John Hannah is my hero. and everything about the late 1970's Patriots is legendary to me. even the early 80's and squish the fish. my second team is the Vikings since i was 10 years old. i guess back then i liked their uniforms and history and that they played outside in really cold weather. and the players. in 1978 i asked my parents all i wanted for Christmas was a Fran Tarkenton jersey. and this was before everyone wore jerseys i think. i was playing pop warner. i think it was the C team. but my mom called the Minnesota Vikings. and they sent me a shirt, #10. it didn't have a name on the back, but it was actually a real NFL shirt that they wore on the field during practice. it was big for me but i tucked it in and wore it. it was indestructible. you couldn't rip it or tear it. it was real.

even at 10 i knew. this shirt was made of something that i've never wore before. eventually i lost it when i was 17. i am not really sure what happened to it. it's a long story. but if i had it right now again. it would be my most prized possession. i don't even think back then that the Vikings understood either. 1978 was before people really started asking teams for shirts.
                Last edited by ; 01-09-2019, 10:17 PM.

Comment

"in 1978 i asked my parents all i wanted for Christmas was a Fran Tarkenton jersey."

strange but true, this was MY first (and practically last) jersey, circa 1975.

he retired after the 1978 season, having just led the league in pass completions, attempts, and yards (and interceptions). he played 18 years and wanted to go into business (with, er, mixed results)
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X