Keep a 61 buck Altuve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep a 61 buck Altuve?

12 team AL only, standard 5x5 categories. The league has high inflation, and studs go for a premium price. As such, I'm seriously considering keeping Altuve at 61...successful last 3 seasons, 1st, tied for 1st, and last year 4th. This might be the last hurrah before re-build. Let me know what you all think.

Keepers?

Odor 15 (extended until '19)
    Chapman 5
    Correa 25 ('22)
    Altuve 61
    Benintendi 5
    Pham 26
    Wendel 1
    Sano 10 ('19)
    Alonso 3

Eovaldi 4
    Morton 8
    Robertson 7 (depends on where he signs)
    LeBlanc 4
    Kimbrel 24

Keep up to 10, and a 5 buck per year penalty if I cut a guaranteed contract. I don't mind going stars and scrubs either. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

It would be surprising to me if Altuve went for more this year than last, unless the inflation in your league has shifted dramatically year over year.

I understand leagues with high inflation, I'm in some of them, but at the same time that inflation is relatively stable. So if I'm in a league with 35% inflation, some years I may see 30% and some years I may see 40%, but it's not going to vary from 10% to 70%.

That said, if Altuve got a $61 contract coming off a year where he hit .346/.410/.547 with 24 HR, 32 SB, 112 R and 81 RBI, why would we he get a > $61 contract coming off .316/.386/.451 with 13 HR, 17 SB, 84 R and 61 RBI? Granted I love having Altuve on my team, but I'm not following the logic.

And if you can get him back for $61 or less in the auction this year, which I'm suggesting here that you certainly should be able to, then why not do that? Are you truly seeing higher inflation this year than last?

Basically what I'm saying is that in these keeper leagues, inflation is not a reason to keep a player who has regressed, the only reason to do so would be a CHANGE in inflation.

Comment

I agree with Ken. No way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        It would be surprising to me if Altuve went for more this year than last, unless the inflation in your league has shifted dramatically year over year.

I understand leagues with high inflation, I'm in some of them, but at the same time that inflation is relatively stable. So if I'm in a league with 35% inflation, some years I may see 30% and some years I may see 40%, but it's not going to vary from 10% to 70%.

That said, if Altuve got a $61 contract coming off a year where he hit .346/.410/.547 with 24 HR, 32 SB, 112 R and 81 RBI, why would we he get a > $61 contract coming off .316/.386/.451 with 13 HR, 17 SB, 84 R and 61 RBI? Granted I love having Altuve on my team, but I'm not following the logic.

And if you can get him back for $61 or less in the auction this year, which I'm suggesting here that you certainly should be able to, then why not do that? Are you truly seeing higher inflation this year than last?

Basically what I'm saying is that in these keeper leagues, inflation is not a reason to keep a player who has regressed, the only reason to do so would be a CHANGE in inflation.
        You are correct in your logic, the only flaw is that I can expect at least 2 members of the league to go into the 60's on certain players, and Altuve may well be one of them. at this point, I'd likely take your advise and toss him back, hoping to get him several dollars cheaper.

What's the opinion on who would be the 10 keepers then?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

The top part of the list + Morton & Eovaldi

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            You are correct in your logic, the only flaw is that I can expect at least 2 members of the league to go into the 60's on certain players, and Altuve may well be one of them. at this point, I'd likely take your advise and toss him back, hoping to get him several dollars cheaper.
            If they go that high though, that means there should be massive values elsewhere.

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            What's the opinion on who would be the 10 keepers then?
            Agree with revo on Morton and Eovaldi

Comment

Quick update, I neglected to list a 5 buck Ramon Laureano...does he replace anyone on the list?

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
              X