Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Best Fantasy Baseball Analysis Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Best Fantasy Baseball Analysis Website?

I'm hot & cold on fantasy analysis websites, but after Footballguys.com proved so important to my success this season in football, I'd like to add one for fantasy baseball. FBGs is so comprehensive that I used their Draft Dominator for draft prep and their absolutely essential "My Footballguys" for in-season projections, start 'em/sit 'em advice and waiver claims; and finally their DFS Optimizer. Turned out to be a damned good investment for $39 (really, it was free this year because of a deposit on Draft.com).

For baseball, I already use Rotolab and Fantasy Pros for draft prep work, but I'd like to see what the best comp is to FBGs on the baseball side. I used BBHQ before they sold to USA Today, and not sure if they provide a similar experience to FBGs.

Anyone care to share their experiences? Again, looking for a comprehensive site like FBGs, and not just a piecemeal site good for just one aspect. Merry Xmas!

fangraphs/rotographs
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      fangraphs/rotographs
      I use them, but they're not anything close to the experience FBGs provides. For example, can I link my fantasy team to their site and have them give precise start/sit and waiver wire recommendations? How about potential trade options with other teams?

I'm looking for a site that provides much more than just articles, and I'm a little surprised that there may not be one for baseball.

Comment

I’ve used footballguys for over 15 years but can’t say I’ve found 1 site comparable for baseball. I do like Fangraphs and Paul’s podcasts but then also pay for BaseballHQ and RotoLab. RotoLab provides the draft day software similar to the Draft Dominator but then the in-season content that you find in 1 place with Footballguys just doesn’t exist. Thus, I find myself reading Fangraphs/Rotoworld/BaseballHQ and make decisions that way (along with podcasts and Sirius).

Comment

I've used Fantistics in the past, although it tends to be a little wonky for me, they really seem to know their stuff, and their daily updates are second to none.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I've used Fantistics in the past, although it tends to be a little wonky for me, they really seem to know their stuff, and their daily updates are second to none.
            I’ll check them out!

Comment

Under the guidelines you've stated, Razzball is likely going to be the experience you want

Comment

can also use rotowire.com/radio for a free 10-day trial to look around and see if it meets everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  can also use rotowire.com/radio for a free 10-day trial to look around and see if it meets everything you need.
                  I like rotowire as well, have subscribed for years. Smart people and an easy format to deal with...agree with Jason, recommended year round.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Under the guidelines you've stated, Razzball is likely going to be the experience you want
                    I agree with Jason - Rudy Gamble's content on Razzball specifically is the closest match to the FBG experience in baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I've been looking for a good one, as well. I subscribe to Baseball HQ which is generally great and quite useful but I feel like there are fairly simple things they could do, both in terms of layout and types of articles, that would make the site more useful to roto owners. Re: FBG, it's interesting, I've been on there since it first started and I think they were way ahead of the curve in terms of having lots and lots of content and the Draft Dominator and their Best Ball contest make it worth it. But I feel like some of their pieces and projections are pretty phoned in at this point. I guess you have to figure out who you like -- I think Bloom's projections (and podcast) are generally more accurate and I tend to ignore the others almost completely.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Yeah, I've been looking for a good one, as well. I subscribe to Baseball HQ which is generally great and quite useful but I feel like there are fairly simple things they could do, both in terms of layout and types of articles, that would make the site more useful to roto owners. Re: FBG, it's interesting, I've been on there since it first started and I think they were way ahead of the curve in terms of having lots and lots of content and the Draft Dominator and their Best Ball contest make it worth it. But I feel like some of their pieces and projections are pretty phoned in at this point. I guess you have to figure out who you like -- I think Bloom's projections (and podcast) are generally more accurate and I tend to ignore the others almost completely.
                        I tend to look at Dodds, Bloom and to a lesser extend Trembley with their customized rankings. Bloom has rose colored glasses oftentimes for the shiny new toys so you just need to take that into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                          I tend to look at Dodds, Bloom and to a lesser extend Trembley with their customized rankings. Bloom has rose colored glasses oftentimes for the shiny new toys so you just need to take that into account.
                          Bloom has his biases but Dodds swings the other way -- overvaluing the veterans. I heard him on Bloom's podcast before the season pumping up Frank Gore of all people...

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            Bloom has his biases but Dodds swings the other way -- overvaluing the veterans. I heard him on Bloom's podcast before the season pumping up Frank Gore of all people...
                            They did miss the boat on quite a few mid-season projections -- they had Trubisky as the #4 QB ROS at one point and Ingram as the #10 RB also at some point around Wk 7 or 8. They also err on the side of caution with players in bad offenses when it comes to DFS (i.e. I always had to eliminate Bruce Ellington and Isiah Crowell from their rankings).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I use them, but they're not anything close to the experience FBGs provides. For example, can I link my fantasy team to their site and have them give precise start/sit and waiver wire recommendations? How about potential trade options with other teams?

I'm looking for a site that provides much more than just articles, and I'm a little surprised that there may not be one for baseball.
                              My guess is that it is a lot harder to do this for baseball because of so many roto-leagues as opposed to head-to-head, and the large number of variance in categories among leagues. Also, the far, far, far larger rosterable population in even a semi-deep baseball league (and the shallow ones wouldn't pony up for such a service) much make such a project a whole lot more difficult. Baseball is just a different and far harder beast.

Comment

Working...
                              X