*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
    Can't the Queen lock all the mask-flouters in the Tower?
    Off with their heads!!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Took RJEL girl out for dinner for her birthday tonight. Place was fantastic! new place, on a list of African-American own restaurants in the area (dismally small list). Everything was great, but it was really weird being out. I don't think we will make a habit of it. Having a hard time coming up with the next occasion I will feel the need to eat out.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I went out and flew a kite today, which I haven't done in quite some time and is really freakin' fun.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Took RJEL girl out for dinner for her birthday tonight. Place was fantastic! new place, on a list of African-American own restaurants in the area (dismally small list). Everything was great, but it was really weird being out. I don't think we will make a habit of it. Having a hard time coming up with the next occasion I will feel the need to eat out.
          Yeah my business partner always wants to meet at the patio bar. I've now been there twice but it's pretty much a mask free zone because everyone is drinking. Plus, being seated outside makes being masked up extraordinarily hot in the New Mexico summer sun.

Edit: All the staff wear masks, and the good kind with the nose thing. New Mexico is shockingly compliant with mask and covid-related stuff. Outside of some YeeHawdists in the nether stretches of the south, we're actually like taking care of each other and watching out for one another's safety. It's kinda cool.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Yeah my business partner always wants to meet at the patio bar. I've now been there twice but it's pretty much a mask free zone because everyone is drinking. Plus, being seated outside makes being masked up extraordinarily hot in the New Mexico summer sun.

Edit: All the staff wear masks, and the good kind with the nose thing. New Mexico is shockingly compliant with mask and covid-related stuff. Outside of some YeeHawdists in the nether stretches of the south, we're actually like taking care of each other and watching out for one another's safety. It's kinda cool.
            If u are going to eat out I would strongly encourage outside dining. Plus eating outside is so much nicer in my opinion
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              If u are going to eat out I would strongly encourage outside dining. Plus eating outside is so much nicer in my opinion
              It depends on where you are. Eating outside isn't really an option here, now. It's always 95 with 80+% humidity. I just don't dine out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                It depends on where you are. Eating outside isn't really an option here, now. It's always 95 with 80+% humidity. I just don't dine out.
                ok, that doesn't sound real pleasant. Of course it was 50F and 100% humidity here yesterday which also wasn't great.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had to think a little, the last time I ate out was mid march in a Danish coffee shop in Solvang California.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had to think a little, the last time I ate out was mid march in a Danish coffee shop in Solvang California.
                    I can't remember exactly when or where, but I am sure it has been at least that long for me, too.

Comment

I can't remember exactly when or where, but I am sure it has been at least that long for me, too.
                      I only remember because it was a road trip to move my daughter out of college. Right about when things started shutting down. I only ate inside because the nearest table was over 20 feet from ours.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I’ve done 2 breakfast with parents but no one sat even close to us either time.

Comment

• Ate out for the first time in months last week. Took my 3 kids and met my buddy at a nice Mexican place we found in Netcong, NJ. Outdoor dining, all the staff wore masks. My heart breaks for these places, I hope we can get back to normal soon. The summer/fall is only so long here, then it’s back to indoor dining and we’ll see what happens.

Comment

• Last time my family ate out was March 15, and we were the only patrons in the restaurant. I really miss it, but what can you do? We've thought about going to places with outdoor dining, but the weather has never cooperated with our schedule.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Any relation to Tony Robbins?
                              Probably not
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

There is a wealth of information and wisdom in this thread
                                Largely unplumbed

Comment

Working...
                                X