No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm. Just redid my pitcher rankings, and Feller was not a good pick. Oh well.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      It occurred to me during the last draft that there was a really basic strategy that everyone was overlooking. In the letters drafts we have the artificial limit of three deadball pitchers, but we don't in this draft, and still nobody ever takes more than one or two. So there's a whole bunch of the second-tier ones left over at the end. I figure if I just take all of those, I can dump saves and still end up with a really good pitching staff.
      FYI the 1870's and 1880's count as a single decade in Decades drafts. So it's effectively a super stacked "decade" with only 1 pick per team.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        FYI the 1870's and 1880's count as a single decade in Decades drafts. So it's effectively a super stacked "decade" with only 1 pick per team.
        For pitchers
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Did you guys watch the Pats - Chiefs game? How amazing is Tony Romo at calling a game? The guy just absolutely nailed every single call down the stretch. It was crazy!

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Is Ken here? ... so I know I need to prepare a pick

It's hard to tell these days with the longer log out timeout.
            I'm here now, Killebrew was my pick so give me a sec

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Hmm. Just redid my pitcher rankings, and Feller was not a good pick. Oh well.
              So you're saying the rest of us have a chance?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Hmm. Just redid my pitcher rankings, and Feller was not a good pick. Oh well.
                I have Feller ranked ahead of Vance (by a pretty good margin, too) but I am just not clever enough to handle guys with ratios like Feller's. Honestly, I'm probably fucked just having picked Vance and Grove.

Speaking of which, there are 15 decades total. Two are combined for pitchers, leaving 14. We only have to pick 12, so two decades of our choice will not get used for pitching. I have that right, right?
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  Not sure if it's too early for Killebrew but I thought he got one of the biggest bumps from the switch to OBP -- both career and BY. He walked 145 times in 1969 -- .276 BA/.427 OBP.
                  Killebrew was the other guy I was considering with my last pick.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Did you guys watch the Pats - Chiefs game? How amazing is Tony Romo at calling a game? The guy just absolutely nailed every single call down the stretch. It was crazy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comm...y_before_they/
                    He's really great. Not quite Collinsworth level but not far off. Maybe he can give Witten some tips.

Comment

Speaking of which, there are 15 decades total. Two are combined for pitchers, leaving 14. We only have to pick 12, so two decades of our choice will not get used for pitching. I have that right, right?
                      Yup ... 3 of the 5 "QUIZY" decades

Comment

Did you guys watch the Pats - Chiefs game? How amazing is Tony Romo at calling a game? The guy just absolutely nailed every single call down the stretch. It was crazy!

https://www.reddit.com/r/sports/comm...y_before_they/
                        Just happened to switch on as I went to bed ... right as the 4th quarter started!

Comment

Is Ken here? ... so I know I need to prepare a pick

It's hard to tell these days with the longer log out timeout.
                          For some reason I thought this meant JA went after Ken. I need to get my shit together. Pick up in an Irish few.

Comment

For some reason I thought this meant JA went after Ken. I need to get my shit together. Pick up in an Irish few.
                            I clicked "Who's Online" ... who did I see in the Election 2020 thread?

Comment

I tried it for a little bit but just couldn't get into all the mouse clicking --- kinda the same reason I never dug any of the Diablo games all that much. I didn't give it much of a chance, though.
                              Sea of Thieves is popping right now. Enjoying watching the Twitch streams. Not sure if it's a game I'll play though.

42K watching Summit hiding behind a chair LOL

I'm a variety streamer(kind of). Been streaming since 2012(ish). I'm 100% better than you at shooting and puzzle games. I tweet when I go live @summit1g on Twitter.

Comment

Too busy sending dirty pics to your mom to focus on VD.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X