*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    I don't see him listed as a member. Did he ever make the transition to the "new & improved" RJ?
    He was JonKK on the old site. I think maybe he had a different user name on the new site, but if so, I don't remember what it was.
    Last edited by Kevin Seitzer; 05-18-2019, 10:26 PM.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Just saw a soccer post on reddit with the caption that someone's kick "nutmegs" the goalie... wtf does that mean?
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        Just saw a soccer post on reddit with the caption that someone's kick "nutmegs" the goalie... wtf does that mean?
        the ball goes between the goalie's legs
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Just saw a soccer post on reddit with the caption that someone's kick "nutmegs" the goalie... wtf does that mean?
          I dont know but a few people around here desperately need a good nutmeggin
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Hmmm... any etymology on that one?

Comment

Hmmm... any etymology on that one?
                Sadly, not what you are hoping for.

The verb nutmegged is listed by the Oxford English Dictionary as "arising in the 1870s which in Victorian slang came to mean 'to be tricked or deceived, especially in a manner which makes the victim look foolish'."

The word arose because of a sharp practice used in nutmeg exports between America and England. "Nutmegs were such a valuable commodity that unscrupulous exporters were wont to pull a fast one by mixing a helping of wooden replicas into the sacks being shipped to England," writes Seddon. "Being nutmegged soon came to imply stupidity on the part of the duped victim and cleverness on the part of the trickster."

Comment

• That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for!

Comment

• The ending on Game of Thrones was bitchin'. If you don't agree, we shall fight.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      The ending on Game of Thrones was bitchin'. If you don't agree, we shall fight.
                      OK. As long as you don't want to kiss first.

Comment

• I’m sad that show is over. Not sure what show to binge now. Psyched for the Deadwood movie to come out, though. That show was one of my faves.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Thanks for the well wishes!! She is a ball of energy now and we were very very fortunate that she is doing so much better. She has Hirschsprung's disease and had 2/3 of her large intestine removed when she was just a week old. With the disease, some kids have just a few cm taken out, and others lose their entire digestive tract. We were lucky and she's in the middle, and doesn't have a stoma bag. Her complications will be lifelong but there's a potential that she leads a pretty normal life at this point actually. She'll never have a regular bowel movement, but that's overrated from what I hear

In the early years she was getting enterocolitis pretty frequently, a infection of the bowel due to blockages (Hirschprung kids have bowels that can't move the stool along). When she has it she vomits constantly and she has to go to the ER immediately. If untreated it can lead to things like bowel perforations and has a significant mortality risk.

I learned just how averse I am to seeing someone get an IV when they tried over, and over, and over to get her one while she was really sick a few times.

But like I said, overall we are very lucky, she's doing great.
                          Back in the ER and going through all these same memories again.

Thought we were past this but looks like once a year is the new norm. Intense green vomiting (yes just like the exorcist) extreme stomach pain and bloating, frequent diarrhea (although she has not had a solid bowel movement ever), incontinence, etc. About to start rectal irrigations which is exactly as pleasant as it sounds. It could be worse, I know some kids are worse off. Our friends also came in to the hospital today too but they found out their son has lymphoma. They are 1 floor above us here in the hospital.

If your kids are well be thankful!

Sorry I’m so glum, I promise I’ll be normal in a couple days when we get out of here. Nothing worse than seeing kids suffer.
                          Last edited by Ken; 05-22-2019, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Back in the ER and going through all these same memories again.

Thought we were past this but looks like once a year is the new norm. Intense green vomiting (yes just like the exorcist) extreme stomach pain and bloating, frequent diarrhea (although she has not had a solid bowel movement ever), incontinence, etc. About to start rectal irrigations which is exactly as pleasant as it sounds. It could be worse, I know some kids are worse off. Our friends also came in to the hospital today too but they found out their son has lymphoma. They are 1 floor above us here in the hospital.

If your kids are well be thankful!

Sorry I’m so glum, I promise I’ll be normal in a couple days when we get out of here. Nothing worse than seeing kids suffer.
                            So sorry, best wishes that things improve quickly
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Wow, that's rough. Here's hoping things turn around soon.

Comment

• Dang, man. Hope it's a quick visit and super good thoughts to your warrior of a daughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X