*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    My team has so much speed, I'm going to lap you guys before you get to the next round!

Code:
    Revo's Roto Rooters

Pos	Player	               Rnd	Pk	Ov	Type
    OF	Cody Bellinger - LAD	1	4	4	LS
    SS	Gleyber Torres - NYY	2	12	27	LS
    2B	Ozzie Albies - ATL	3	4	34	LS
    MI	Adalberto Mondesi - KC	4	12	57	LS
    P	Charlie Morton - TB	5	4	64	LS
    P	Corey Kluber - TEX	6	12	87	LS
    OF	Tommy Pham - SD	        7	4	94	LS
    Hmm, I was really looking at picking Kluber this time around, which would have been difficult since he was selected by you a round prior.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Hmm, I was really looking at picking Kluber this time around, which would have been difficult since he was selected by you a round prior.
      Actually I think taking a player off another team's roster is a solid strategy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Actually I think taking a player off another team's roster is a solid strategy.
        I agree, lol

Comment

• @feral, you are likely correct on the coronavirus thread. My contention is not that the system shouldn't help him. I would agree that med4all type discussions should probably be pushed to the front with coronavirus spreading.

My perspective, coming from someone who has paid $1K+ bills probably 30 times over the last 5 years, is a bit jaded to the idea that the scale of a $1400 bill is obscene after someone may have caught a "pandemic" type virus. I'm probably a massive outlier though.

Comment

• I think most teams are looking good right now - things will evolve as the draft goes on. Also, because it's a mock, you have teams (like mine) that are experimenting with a certain strategy to see how things play out that they may or may not try in a real draft.

Comment

@feral, you are likely correct on the coronavirus thread. My contention is not that the system shouldn't help him. I would agree that med4all type discussions should probably be pushed to the front with coronavirus spreading.

My perspective, coming from someone who has paid $1K+ bills probably 30 times over the last 5 years, is a bit jaded to the idea that the scale of a $1400 bill is obscene after someone may have caught a "pandemic" type virus. I'm probably a massive outlier though.
              I can see how you thought my point was "this guy shouldn't have to pay $1400". Really it was trying to think about where this is going and wondering if it will play a part in the election healthcare discussion. Anyway, appreciate the reasonable discussion
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

@feral, you are likely correct on the coronavirus thread. My contention is not that the system shouldn't help him. I would agree that med4all type discussions should probably be pushed to the front with coronavirus spreading.

I have amazing health insurance, but even with it I max out my plan every year, mostly due to costly medication for my daughter that she will need the rest of her life. I'm so thankful that I have insurance that makes it a nuisance more than a financial burden or worse.
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  I think most teams are looking good right now - things will evolve as the draft goes on. Also, because it's a mock, you have teams (like mine) that are experimenting with a certain strategy to see how things play out that they may or may not try in a real draft.
                  Looks to me like Garp is attempting the ol' pitching plus steals strategy --- kind of a modified Squidward, as it were. Here's his team, by way of comparison with the others:

Code:
                  SS	Trea Turner - WAS	1	12	12	LS
                  P	Justin Verlander - HOU	2	4	19	LS
                  OF	Charlie Blackmon - COL	3	12	42	LS
                  P	Chris Paddack - SD	4	4	49	LS
                  P	Noah Syndergaard - NYM	5	12	72	LS
                  OF	Victor Robles - WAS	6	4	79	LS
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• You all have way too few Braves. At least revo is showing some intelligence in that area.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Pssh, get a more worthy team to draft, bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        You all have way too few Braves. At least revo is showing some intelligence in that area.
                        A real friend would tell us which Braves are the right Braves (kidding of course)

Comment

• I considered taking Chris Chambliss or Bob Horner with my last pick, but I have to show at least a tiny modicum of mercy to my leaguemates / victims and not just blow them away before we even get to double digits.

Comment

• I heard that new Braves pitcher Vic Willis might be draftable. That John Clarkson guy might turn out to be worthwhile, at least for one big year or so. Perhaps Tommy Bond could become a contenda....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              I considered taking Chris Chambliss or Bob Horner with my last pick, but I have to show at least a tiny modicum of mercy to my leaguemates / victims and not just blow them away before we even get to double digits.
                              Jet Propelled Sam Jethroe is a bargain if you are looking for speed.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Needed some speed so I took a gamble on Luis Robert. Probably early, but why not ?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X