*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Thx. Mum referred for blood clots in her leg. Next day referrals don't happen on the NHS unless it's somewhat serious (that is it can't be deferred). But things are so matter-of-fact with medical professionals, it's hard to really tell. I know surgery is a last resort, so probably some treatment or other.

But I don't think it's anything to worry that much about.
    My mom had that(ish) I think... I don't listen as well as I should. I think it was handled with blood thinners... she can bleed like crazy if she knicks a vein in her leg now, and she wasn't able to give blood anymore, but all's well. Hope it's just as simple for your mom.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• is anyone else using an online thesaurus for DMBLs, or am I just not creative enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        is anyone else using an online thesaurus for DMBLs, or am I just not creative enough?
        Dictionaries make better lists
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

is anyone else using an online thesaurus for DMBLs, or am I just not creative enough?
          Devising multitudes of blockheaded lookups?
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Old people problems. Just happy to see it being sorted out. We've hit that point (with my sister) where we have to take charge of certain of the parents affairs. Weird time.
            Hope everything goes okay.

My parents are in their 80s, and while they are still able to take care of themselves quite well, various health problems have started to get more serious, and they need more assistance than they used to. My brother lives nearby, so he is usually the first line of defense, but I imagine the days are coming soon when decisions are not going to be fun.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

And yes, I make liberal use of thesaurus.com. Don't mind being labeled a nerd.

Comment

Old people problems. Just happy to see it being sorted out. We've hit that point (with my sister) where we have to take charge of certain of the parents affairs. Weird time.
                Surreal and not easy. Hang in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Hope everything goes okay.

My parents are in their 80s, and while they are still able to take care of themselves quite well, various health problems have started to get more serious, and they need more assistance than they used to. My brother lives nearby, so he is usually the first line of defense, but I imagine the days are coming soon when decisions are not going to be fun.
                  My parents are 85 and together they do decent but can’t really leave alone for to long. Dad is diabetic and has bouts of low sugar. He does daily walks and we found him in a cornfield this summer. Mom has low blood pressure . Both are getting forgetful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    And yes, I make liberal use of thesaurus.com. Don't mind being labeled a nerd.
                    You should make libertarian use of it, because then it would be free!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      My parents are 85 and together they do decent but can’t really leave alone for to long. Dad is diabetic and has bouts of low sugar. He does daily walks and we found him in a cornfield this summer. Mom has low blood pressure . Both are getting forgetful.
                      cripes, did your mom have you when she was 12?

Comment

You should make libertarian use of it, because then it would be free!
                        Demanding More Better Liberty
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

cripes, did your mom have you when she was 12?
                          She found him in a cornfield at that age.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Has anyone else tried to explain the dmbl shtick to any outsider... it doesn't come across well.

Comment

• Rd18 was tough to watch. Barely made it out of there with the last remnants of my short list.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Stalin and Mao were apparently big on fairness. Who knew?

Dictators make balanced liquidations.

Comment

Working...
                                X