No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's in the rules, but a quick reminder for players who haven't done decades before:

1870's and 1880's are combined for Pitchers.

So 1870's are super weak for hitting and basically super strong for pitching because it's rolled into the 1880's. You don't need to be looking for an 1870's pitcher.

----

It's one hitter from every Decade (15 total).

12 pitchers, that is 12 from 14 decades (with 1870's and 1880's counting as one).

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I was planning to take him because I assumed you'd take Hoffman since you did in VD10.
      I gave real thought to Hoffman over Rivera because the BY is so obvious for him. With Mo I spilt the middle of by saves and by ratios with 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Minor thing but Rule 1a you can edit 2010-11 to be 2010-18.

Rule 3, do we still need a team career IP minimum with multi scoring?

Rule 4, our draft order selection process is slightly different, probably not that important to edit, though.

Rule 5a, OBP replaces AVG.

Rule 5b, are we doing "Multi plus 1" scoring?
        Can I bug you on this again, Johnny?

(except Rule 3, which we're keeping)
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Have we ever discussed replacing HRs with slugging %?
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Can I bug you on this again, Johnny?

(except Rule 3, which we're keeping)
            We have a career IP minimum 18000 IP (Rule 3). Am I misunderstanding?

3. There will be a team career IP requirement of 18000 IP. Failure to meet that minimum requirement will result in one point in career ERA and career WHIP. The career ERA and career WHIP of the penalized team will be used as normal for the purposes of determining the standings of the other teams in those categories, i.e., the penalty will be applied after the standings are determined for those categories.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              I reached the same conclusion as you and Johnny...good enough is good enough.

One thing that would help me in the spreadsheet in the by year tab is a column that shows which year of a player is drafted. Now it just colors every year for the player so you can't tell. Probably pretty easy to do so I'll try to figure it out after some other stuff.

So it took me about 20 or 30 minutes to figure out how to do this and implement, which mean most of you could have done it in five minutes. Should have done this years ago
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Have we ever discussed replacing HRs with slugging %?
                I don't recall. But I'd be game
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  We have a career IP minimum 18000 IP (Rule 3). Am I misunderstanding?
                  I was bumping my earlier post, but for clarity (I thought) I was saying that I was no longer asking for any change to Rule 3, despite what I had said in the post I was bumping.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I don't recall. But I'd be game
                    If I recall previous discussions about S% OPS etc, I think there was concern about adding another ratio to the hitting ... to the point were we never really considered it again. But I don't recall specifics. There was also concern about duplicating stats (especially with OPS)

Comment

I was bumping my earlier post, but for clarity (I thought) I was saying that I was no longer asking for any change to Rule 3, despite what I had said in the post I was bumping.
                      I figured something like that.

Comment

[/B]

So it took me about 20 or 30 minutes to figure out how to do this and implement, which mean most of you could have done it in five minutes. Should have done this years ago
                        I'm not sure what you use this for? I like knowing that none of a player's years are available to be selected once he's off the board, so I like having them all marked, regardless of which specific one was taken. Maybe I don't understand what you're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I figured something like that.
                          You know it is your pick

Comment

• I'd be concerned about adding another ratio category. I'd be more open to something like Total Bases or (TB-H).

Comment

I'm not sure what you use this for? I like knowing that none of a player's years are available to be selected once he's off the board, so I like having them all marked, regardless of which specific one was taken. Maybe I don't understand what you're doing.
                              It just clues me in to what year and decade a player is likely to be drafted in. If I see a player with 9 seasons over 3 different decades its hard to tell which year and decade is likely the best one. But if you can already run a program that does that for you it might not help much
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                                You know it is your pick
                                Yeah ... thx

Comment

Working...
                                X