*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    just remember, things could always be worse... you could be on the hook for a $500 T-shirt.

Who would even think a wheel chair wouldn't fit through doors? You would think this is something they might warn you about when you are choosing one.
    I hope everyone is doing a bit better today. You're a good egg Mike.
    I'm feeling a little bit better today having slept some. Still a bit daunted if I try to think past today, so I'm not going to do that. Today feels more like just a normal stressful today and not a day that is beyond human capacity.

I got the wheelchair switched out for a narrower one this morning. I remembered later that the pharmacy where we rented said that they had different widths. But then when I went to pick it up, they just had one set out for me and I hadn't thought to ask about the right width. There were just too many things on my mind yesterday to keep that kind of thing straight.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I'm feeling a little bit better today having slept some. Still a bit daunted if I try to think past today, so I'm not going to do that. Today feels more like just a normal stressful today and not a day that is beyond human capacity.

I got the wheelchair switched out for a narrower one this morning. I remembered later that the pharmacy where we rented said that they had different widths. But then when I went to pick it up, they just had one set out for me and I hadn't thought to ask about the right width. There were just too many things on my mind yesterday to keep that kind of thing straight.
      Man you have had to deal with a lot.

I can imagine myself in your shoes so beaten down that I would have a chainsaw out widening the door.

Comment

Sorry, man. These things are really tough and make it hard to take care of one's self, not to mention be able to manage the regular stuff in life. Times are pretty tough for me right now in a similar way, too, so just know that you have a bro out there hoping that everything is okay. Keep on plugging and never be afraid to ask for help if you need it. It's really hard to keep everything straight when dealing with emergent issues like this.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I think dealing with one day at a time, or an hour at a time is probably a good perspective. When my dad came home and the nurses left and i realized I was taking care of a 88 year old man who was paralyzed in one side of his body it was pretty overwhelming. But it got better as i learned that I could get thru each day, even if it was a struggle. thinking about the long term makes it overwhelming.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

this kind of shit annoys me... I may rent/buy a wheel chair at most twice in my life, you rent/sell them every day. Help me out with the kind of issues that I'm not thinking about right now on one of the worst days of my life.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

this kind of shit annoys me... I may rent/buy a wheel chair at most twice in my life, you rent/sell them every day. Help me out with the kind of issues that I'm not thinking about right now on one of the worst days of my life.
              Why would anyone do that when they can make the same or better money by not being helpful ? :Slasher anti-corporate captalism rant over:
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                hold my beer....
                You lost an ally on this board, I was very much a fan of your posts until you were an asshole to me today.

Hope it was worth it so you can tell the world how "right" you are!

Comment

I know some of you guys are going through issues with your parents, too, and some of the issues worse than the ones I'm facing, but man, what a day today was. I just need to vent to some sympathetic ears. I'm in Kansas this week to help my parents. My mom got out of the rehab hospital last Friday. Yay! But that same day my dad fell and broke his ankle and ended up back in the hospital. So today we were going to get him out of the hospital to bring him home, which requires helping him move through everything in his daily routine--dressing, bathroom, etc.--without putting any weight on his bad ankle, until it can heal in six weeks or so. And while we were doing that, my mom fell and hit her head. Because she is on blood thinners for her heart issue, she started bleeding like crazy. Not for very long, but there was a scary amount of blood for a little cut on her head. And then we had to take her to get a CT scan because the doctor said there is a chance of stroke when people on blood thinners hit their heads. And then we find out that the wheelchair we rented for my dad is too wide to fit through their bedroom door, so we need to take it back and get a narrower one tomorrow. It's generally just making it a pain to get him around in the house.

And I guess a bunch of people got shot and killed in Boulder? Which makes it an even shittier day. I don't even know how to process that so I'm gonna pretend it didn't happen.

I'm not feeling real great about the world right now. But I guess I just gotta put one foot in front of the other and keep going.
                  My Dads fallen about 6 times in the last year , he also is on blood thinner, hit his head so had to do the cat scan . It is no fun. All we can do is help out as much as possible and help guide them onward as best we” they can” . Biggest problem in my family is some want to shut him down and have him sit in a chair all day. The one thing he enjoys is his daily walks. So telling him,he can’t go on his walks ( which isn’t going to happen) only adds to the stress. I finally think we siblings ( there are 4 of us) now kind of agree we just have to deal with the consequences of our Parents being old and deal with whatever happens. Prevention is not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    You lost an ally on this board, I was very much a fan of your posts until you were an asshole to me today.

Hope it was worth it so you can tell the world how "right" you are!
                    not even sure how to respond to this. I can't say I'm sorry for anything I posted (subject to change if i look back and decide I was an asshole, I hope I will own up), and I didn't intend to make things personal as you obviously took them since you resorted to name calling and telling me to screw myself. Not much else to say, probably best if we both put each other on ignore and just move on. This isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

not even sure how to respond to this. I can't say I'm sorry for anything I posted (subject to change if i look back and decide I was an asshole, I hope I will own up), and I didn't intend to make things personal as you obviously took them since you resorted to name calling and telling me to screw myself. Not much else to say, probably best if we both put each other on ignore and just move on. This isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
                      They do a segment on a local radio station called "was I the ass". Lots of different scenarios. People call in asking if they are the asshole in a situation. Similar thread on reddit if I remember right. Lots of people are asses in different scenarios. I didn't think that would be so offensive to you, you have used the term numerous times on this board.

But really it comes down to the fact that I was trying to help you in an intellectual discussion of which, admittedly you needed assistance, and in return you insulted my intelligence, blatantly. When you do that, I'm sorry but yes you're the ass (add to your edit count if you need to).

It reminds me of Monday - we had a big wind storm come through and my neighbor ran over to my house and knocked on the door - I answered and he urgently let me know his fence was falling down and he needed help nailing it in - I ran over and lifted the panel while he nailed it back in. He couldn't do it himself so he asked for help. Can you imagine if, while I was holding the fence up, he commented that I was pretty weak and shouldn't be struggling so much holding up a fence panel, maybe I should go to the gym?

That's how that little snide remark came across. It was ridiculous. I understand you were frustrated with the topic because you are struggling with how to evaluate player value, but there's no need for you to take it out on me when I'm just analyzing the numbers and how they are used in an auction.

I don't put anyone on ignore, I read all the content. Putting someone on ignore isn't useful for me, I come here to see the discussion. It's just not something I'd ever do. Maybe it's useful for you. It is odd that you keep asking why I don't put you on ignore yet you didn't do the same. Maybe you will now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        They do a segment on a local radio station called "was I the ass". Lots of different scenarios. People call in asking if they are the asshole in a situation. Similar thread on reddit if I remember right. Lots of people are asses in different scenarios. I didn't think that would be so offensive to you, you have used the term numerous times on this board.

But really it comes down to the fact that I was trying to help you in an intellectual discussion of which, admittedly you needed assistance, and in return you insulted my intelligence, blatantly. When you do that, I'm sorry but yes you're the ass (add to your edit count if you need to).

It reminds me of Monday - we had a big wind storm come through and my neighbor ran over to my house and knocked on the door - I answered and he urgently let me know his fence was falling down and he needed help nailing it in - I ran over and lifted the panel while he nailed it back in. He couldn't do it himself so he asked for help. Can you imagine if, while I was holding the fence up, he commented that I was pretty weak and shouldn't be struggling so much holding up a fence panel, maybe I should go to the gym?

That's how that little snide remark came across. It was ridiculous. I understand you were frustrated with the topic because you are struggling with how to evaluate player value, but there's no need for you to take it out on me when I'm just analyzing the numbers and how they are used in an auction.

I don't put anyone on ignore, I read all the content. Putting someone on ignore isn't useful for me, I come here to see the discussion. It's just not something I'd ever do. Maybe it's useful for you. It is odd that you keep asking why I don't put you on ignore yet you didn't do the same. Maybe you will now?
                        I think it is great that you think you are so superior to me that i am begging for your assistance, when the reality is that I'm just being somewhat humble and you are telling everyone you are an expert. So please go ahead and keep calling me an asshole and telling me to screw myself and pretending I'm the one with the attitude.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it is great that you think you are so superior to me that i am begging for your assistance, when the reality is that I'm just being somewhat humble and you are telling everyone you are an expert. So please go ahead and keep calling me an asshole and telling me to screw myself and pretending I'm the one with the attitude.
                          LOL I don't think you are inferior, you misread tone. When I asked you for your methodology you balked and said you were the one asking the question. But sure... if you want that to mean that I think I'm superior, maybe it'll help you sleep better at night.

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          you have to be kidding me. I ask a question about a topic for discussion and you tell me it is my responsibility to provide all the answers? I could tell you what I think, but the whole point of my post was to get other peoples input because I don't claim to be an expert.
                          Also, stop lying, "telling everyone I'm an expert"?!?!?!? Post your source, I have not done that.

Comment

• somewhere. else.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

somewhere. else.
                              Agree, I tried to engage on PM instead an squash this before it was a thing. Needless to say, that was unsuccessful.

Comment

• This thread is for political bitching and toothpaste only
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X