*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    We've closed the gap from 2388 posts to a mere 1898.
    It's been a good two weeks.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• There are some real nuggets in this thread.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

There are some real nuggets in this thread.
        I don't know where, but I'm sure they are in there. If a thousand monkeys can type Shakespeare, I'm sure we beat that somewhere in these 600 pages.

Comment

• Diligent monkey bards' late nights pay off !

Comment

• They say to stop when you're ahead .

Comment

• But we aren't ahead.

Comment

I have recently gotten into mountaineering stories, particularly about the Himalayas. I'm not quite sure why. A couple of my favorites so far were a history of the British expeditions to Everest in the 1920s that culminated in the deaths of George Mallory and Sandy Irvine, and another about the 2008 climbing disaster on K2.
                Have you read “Into Thin Air” by Jon Krakauer? Just an absolutely gripping story of when disaster strikes at 25,000+ feet. One of the better books I’ve ever read. Very highly recommended. His other books are great, too.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Who is the World Series winner in 2020? Anyone brave enough to make a prediction?
                  Sadly, bravery will not come into play. In fact, it will be dodged altogether.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Our town just had its Twinkle Light Parade, which is about 90% lowriders and arguing about whether green or red chile is better. There was one awesome sparkled up truck, though, called the Sleigh-er (using the awesome Slayer writing) that was blasting heavy metal versions of Xmas classics and had headbanging dudes with no shirts on in the back. It was hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Have you read “Into Thin Air” by Jon Krakauer? Just an absolutely gripping story of when disaster strikes at 25,000+ feet. One of the better books I’ve ever read. Very highly recommended. His other books are great, too.
                      I read that a long time ago, also recommend it. There is an awesome video about climbing Eiger in Switzerland, and after watching that I read about some of the old time mountaineers who first tried to climb it. Crazy how much stuff has changed.

I've climbed a couple mountains - Long's Peak in Colorado, Mt. Olympus and Mt St. Helens in Washington. Still hope to do Mt. Rainier and some other peaks in Washington/Oregon, but I'll need to get back in shape.
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        I read that a long time ago, also recommend it. There is an awesome video about climbing Eiger in Switzerland, and after watching that I read about some of the old time mountaineers who first tried to climb it. Crazy how much stuff has changed.

I've climbed a couple mountains - Long's Peak in Colorado, Mt. Olympus and Mt St. Helens in Washington. Still hope to do Mt. Rainier and some other peaks in Washington/Oregon, but I'll need to get back in shape.
                        Here is the video. It I find it just amazing what this guy can do.

Ueli Steck, the “Swiss Machine,” has yet again broken the record for a solo speed ascent of the North Face of the Eiger. On November 16, 2015, Steck took adv...
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Here is the video. It I find it just amazing what this guy can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfpYNr7es0Y
                          Actually, he died in a climbing accident several years later.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Sadly, bravery will not come into play. In fact, it will be dodged altogether.
                            The Rime of the Ancient Mariner may be a fitting chronicle of the the season.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Not possible
                              that's deep
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

DId I win ?
                                Possibly... you weren't playing the game.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X