No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top selling album of the 1990s was Metallica's black album. Did not expect that.

Edit: Hmm there seems to be some disagreement. But the top three albums seem to be Metallica, Shania Twain, and Alanis Morissette.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      i think that's probably more of a sous vide thing. Keeps the temperature reasonable.
      I likes mah eggs at 98.6 degrees, I'll have you know!
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Man, the top sellers of the 90s by and large were just hot garbage. Creed? Backstreet Boys? Yeesh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Man, the top sellers of the 90s by and large were just hot garbage. Creed? Backstreet Boys? Yeesh.
          Top sellers generally are garbage right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Top sellers generally are garbage right?
            Yeah, I'm sure that's true. I think I have enough nostalgia for the 80s that I can stomach the top sellers pretty well. I can't really stand AC/DC, though. Top 80s albums were Thriller (duh), Back in Black, Born in the USA, and Appetite for Destruction. Of course, Whitney Houston was up there, too, and she's not really my cup o' tea.

Comment

• Awesome 90s song:

I met the singer from Social D, Mike Ness, at a Rainbow Records event back when I was a kid, maybe like 12 years old or something. I was extremely nervous and blurted out something like "I think you're really cool!" He then told me to never do heroin. I said "uh, ok" and shuffled away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                in your market penetration, $2 seems too sweet to pass up.
                he said "penetration"
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Remind me why I respond to morons again? Good Lord the IQ levels are low on the bottom end of this forum.

Comment

Remind me why I respond to morons again? Good Lord the IQ levels are low on the bottom end of this forum.
                    I don't know. And it isn't an IQ issue. It's willful stubbornness to not see the other side of an argument/discussion.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I don't know. And it isn't an IQ issue. It's willful stubbornness to not see the other side of an argument/discussion.
                      You are correct as always.

Comment

• There is essentially no "extreme left" in this country, at least not running for federal office or anything close to it. Who is pushing for seizure of private property and the like? What we're calling the "extreme left" is just the fucking left for the rest of the world. Now, "extreme right" on the other hand...

Comment

There is essentially no "extreme left" in this country, at least not running for federal office or anything close to it. Who is pushing for seizure of private property and the like? What we're calling the "extreme left" is just the fucking left for the rest of the world. Now, "extreme right" on the other hand...
                          Personally when I'm referencing extreme left, I'm not referring to a global notion, I'm thinking of groups like antifa.

I think the distance from the center in a particular political scope is just as relevant as a global notion when it comes to bringing out the crazies.

Comment

There is essentially no "extreme left" in this country, at least not running for federal office or anything close to it. Who is pushing for seizure of private property and the like? What we're calling the "extreme left" is just the fucking left for the rest of the world. Now, "extreme right" on the other hand...
                            The idea of an "extreme left" running for office in this country is just an idea pushed by Fox News ....

and Pelosi, Obama, CLinton, etc.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Personally when I'm referencing extreme left, I'm not referring to a global notion, I'm thinking of groups like antifa.

I think the distance from the center in a particular political scope is just as relevant as a global notion when it comes to bringing out the crazies.
                              I think Antifa is just a boogeyman for right wingers, personally. There are no politicians running on an Antifa platform, to my knowledge, while there are many (most?) right wingers running on extreme right wing platforms. The extreme right is the norm, from my perspective, and the extreme left is anything but. Far right extremists are given seats on the National Security Council and far left extremists are running around in masks punching Nazis at right wing rallies.

Comment

I think Antifa is just a boogeyman for right wingers, personally. There are no politicians running on an Antifa platform, to my knowledge, while there are many (most?) right wingers running on extreme right wing platforms. The extreme right is the norm, from my perspective, and the extreme left is anything but. Far right extremists are given seats on the National Security Council and far left extremists are running around in masks punching Nazis at right wing rallies.
                                That's fair. I think the fact that the far left extremists that you reference support the "most left" candidate make that candidate seem extreme. You are right that it's the supporters who are extreme left as opposed to the candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X