Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post

Funny

I know her healthcare plan has been deemed impossible to implement by many. Is that the biggest drawback? I've also seen complaints that she is too moderate, but that's not a downside for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Funny

I know her healthcare plan has been deemed impossible to implement by many. Is that the biggest drawback? I've also seen complaints that she is too moderate, but that's not a downside for me.
      By far - BY FAR - the biggest issue she faces is the lie that she has personally profited off of appropriating Native American identity. It gets repeated at this site by the Bernie bros nearly as often as by the Trumpers elsewhere, albeit without the racial slurs built in, which is better, I suppose.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

By far - BY FAR - the biggest issue she faces is the lie that she has personally profited off of appropriating Native American identity. It gets repeated at this site by the Bernie bros nearly as often as by the Trumpers elsewhere, albeit without the racial slurs built in, which is better, I suppose.
        And she handled the whole "scandal" very poorly with that DNA test and all that. Honestly, though, I don't know that she will be able to overcome that particular cloud, fair or not (it's not).
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

And she handled the whole "scandal" very poorly with that DNA test and all that. Honestly, though, I don't know that she will be able to overcome that particular cloud, fair or not (it's not).
          Also not sure if she can overcome her gender which -- sadly, pathetically, depressingly -- is constantly at play, whether overtly or not, on a daily basis in this process.

Comment

Funny

I think the complaints on RJ that she is moderate are mostly coming from those (read: Teenwolf) who believe that the Sanders platform is middle of the road. I would guess she is somewhat left of the median Democratic voter, certainly well left of the Joe Biden wing of the party, and left of where Obama governed. Framed from a different point of view, I imagine the AOC camp of progressives, whom I personally hold in higher esteem than I do the Bernie bros, would find themselves closer to Sanders than Warren, but much closer to either of them than to the rest of the Democratic field.

The big policy complaint/concern that I believe the general electorate will have with either Sanders or Warren is that they will spend too much on sweeping social programs (health care, student loan debt, etc.) and therefore raise taxes too much. Warren seems to be a bit more pragmatic on her approach, and Sanders more idealistic and dogmatic. Take your pick of which of those is better.

Personality wise, I have heard people complain that Warren is not dynamic and exciting enough and reminds people of a schoolmarm. Mix that with whatever amount of misogyny you would like.

And then of course the Pocahontas thing that El Bene brings up.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I think the complaints on RJ that she is moderate are mostly coming from those (read: Teenwolf) who believe that the Sanders platform is middle of the road. I would guess she is somewhat left of the median Democratic voter, certainly well left of the Joe Biden wing of the party, and left of where Obama governed. Framed from a different point of view, I imagine the AOC camp of progressives, whom I personally hold in higher esteem than I do the Bernie bros, would find themselves closer to Sanders than Warren, but much closer to either of them than to the rest of the Democratic field.

The big policy complaint/concern that I believe the general electorate will have with either Sanders or Warren is that they will spend too much on sweeping social programs (health care, student loan debt, etc.) and therefore raise taxes too much. Warren seems to be a bit more pragmatic on her approach, and Sanders more idealistic and dogmatic. Take your pick of which of those is better.

Personality wise, I have heard people complain that Warren is not dynamic and exciting enough and reminds people of a schoolmarm. Mix that with whatever amount of misogyny you would like.

And then of course the Pocahontas thing that El Bene brings up.
              I agree with this. Although i have always thought AOC and Sanders were essentially the same in policy.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Coming from someone who is far too ignorant on this stuff (sadly), what are the main "not to like" items? She seems like someone I could support, but I obviously need to know more.
                I havent always liked what i have seen on foreign policy/military. Nothing else really comes to mind. A conservative/centrist would probably have far fewer concerns with her than with Sanders
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I havent always liked what i have seen on foreign policy/military.
                  Don't be shy - I'm interested in details - what don't you like about her foreign policy?

Comment

Coming from someone who is far too ignorant on this stuff (sadly), what are the main "not to like" items? She seems like someone I could support, but I obviously need to know more.
                    Based on the sense I have from you as someone who is highly analytical and values real data and smarts, I'm not at all surprised Warren appeals to you. She's my favorite candidate.

Comment

• I know I've said this here before, but she literally wrote a law book sitting on my shelf in my office. It was the book for my Bankruptcy Law class. She is not just smart, she's mega smart.

Edit: Meh, fucking image embedding. Trust me, there is a book she wrote. It's called "The Law of Debtors and Creditors".

Edit II: Only an elitist would write such a fancypants book. Another strike against Mrs. McBigbrain!

Comment

Don't be shy - I'm interested in details - what don't you like about her foreign policy?
                        She didnt vote for Drew Pearson HOF

Actually she doesnt seem to me to be the one to challenge the military/intelligence agencies. She says a lot of good things, but also some that i find troubling. I like her better than most other candidates and unless u are as anti-war as i am (and i can gaurantee u are not) u will probably be fine with her policies
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I know I've said this here before, but she literally wrote a law book sitting on my shelf in my office. It was the book for my Bankruptcy Law class. She is not just smart, she's mega smart.

Edit: Meh, fucking image embedding. Trust me, there is a book she wrote. It's called "The Law of Debtors and Creditors".

Edit II: Only an elitist would write such a fancypants book. Another strike against Mrs. McBigbrain!
                          Damn missus bigbrain, learned fancypants
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I agree with this. Although i have always thought AOC and Sanders were essentially the same in policy.
                            Yes. By differentiating the Bernie bros from the AOC supporters, I was not primarily addressing policy differences. In my opinion, the Bernie bros are as much about liking Bernie personally and holding a grudge against the DNC and the Clintons over the 2016 primaries as they are about policy.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Say it isn't so! Phillies caught using technology to steal signs!
                              Almost every team in baseball blurs the line of cheating on a daily basis, executives, coaches and assorted major league personnel told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday.

Around the league, everyone noticed the twitch in Pearce Chiles’ leg. It was odd enough that Chiles, the third-base coach for the Philadelphia Phillies, convulsed only at the team’s home park, Baker Bowl, where he stood in the same spot, atop a puddle in the coach’s box that was there even when it didn’t rain. On Sept. 17, 1900, in the first game of a doubleheader, Cincinnati Reds shortstop Tommy Corcoran tired of the tic and decided to do something about it.

Corcoran scurried toward Chiles and started kicking at the ground, harder and harder, enough that the livid Phillies’ groundskeeper told him to stop. Corcoran didn’t, and eventually he hit paydirt: a wooden box. He pulled the top off it and found a mess of wires. His suspicions were dead-on: Someone in the stadium was stealing opponents’ signals and feeding them to Chiles through electrical pulses into the box. One buzz for a fastball, two jolts for a curveball, three twitches for a changeup. Chiles then verbally fed the pitch to the batter.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Yes. By differentiating the Bernie bros from the AOC supporters, I was not primarily addressing policy differences. In my opinion, the Bernie bros are as much about liking Bernie personally and holding a grudge against the DNC and the Clintons over the 2016 primaries as they are about policy.
                                can't imagine where you would get that idea....
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X