*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't make breakfast late!
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I'm supposedly on Central Time, but the times are showing up in Mountain Time for me.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I suppose I could post in the help forum, but I really don't care that much.

Comment

• My favorite local weatherman used the word "blowy" today, as in "Winds will remain blowy, with gusts up to about 20mph."

I had never heard that word before. Apparently, according to the dictionary it's a real word, and not something he just made up instead of using blustery or gusty. Sure.

Comment

• Dictionary makes "blowy" legit?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              Dude made bathroom loud....
              dude made blowy loo
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                My favorite local weatherman used the word "blowy" today, as in "Winds will remain blowy, with gusts up to about 20mph."

I had never heard that word before. Apparently, according to the dictionary it's a real word, and not something he just made up instead of using blustery or gusty. Sure.
                Can there be winds that are not blowy ?
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  dude made blowy loo
                  Ewww....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Can there be winds that are not blowy ?
                    Indeed.

Comment

• Delaying makes bananas lapse.

Comment

• I'm eating a banana right now.

Comment

• You all can thank me later for preventing Trump's reelection.

Comment

• I nearly have my son convinced that he was born with a tail. Squad goals.
                            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Bernie's tax plan would tank the stock market? Yeah, no way that's true. Your job aside, you're taking up the wrong mantle here, revo. This country had a tax on financial transactions until 1966 and tons of other countries have them, too. Investment costs would go up somewhat but surely more efficient trading would also result. And, really, fuck all the high transaction traders anyways. Our country is certainly no worse off if they don't exist at all, the parasites. What actually will happen with a transaction tax is that the financial schemers would just figure out a way around it, such as trading in options instead of stocks or doing more business overseas. By the way, Bernie's bill is not set at a 5% charge, it ranges from .0005 to .05 and taxes a variety of commodities and derivatives. And Wall Street did just fine tanking the market all on their shitty, greedy own back in 2008. By the way, the Securities and Exchange Commission is right as we speak funded through a tax on financial transactions. I don't buy the sky is falling stuff even one iota, honestly. The greatest impact would be on speculators and hedge fund operators and, again, fuck those guys anyway. Plus, all these kinds of bills have carve-outs for the lowest income folks who get the costs passed on to them by the bad actor Wall Street folks so the good guys don't have to bear the bad guys' burden.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Also very strongly disagree that it would be the middle class or 401k investors who would bear the burden and not Wall Street. So, thanks a fucking lot for making me agree with Teenwolf and GitH twice, Jamie revo Dimon.

Edit: Hmm, looks like there are some pretty eloquent written pieces out there that are arguing something similar to what revo's saying, although he seems to take it much further than most critical studies.

Edit 2: Well, I am officially back on the fence about this. I still favor the concept but am concerned about its application as proposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X