*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Dang, dude. Just reading this makes me feel stuff. I hope everything goes well. Your daughter is just about the same age as my son. I'm not a praying type of guy but I really, really hope that all goes well for you and your family.
    Thanks for the well wishes!! She is a ball of energy now and we were very very fortunate that she is doing so much better. She has Hirschsprung's disease and had 2/3 of her large intestine removed when she was just a week old. With the disease, some kids have just a few cm taken out, and others lose their entire digestive tract. We were lucky and she's in the middle, and doesn't have a stoma bag. Her complications will be lifelong but there's a potential that she leads a pretty normal life at this point actually. She'll never have a regular bowel movement, but that's overrated from what I hear

In the early years she was getting enterocolitis pretty frequently, a infection of the bowel due to blockages (Hirschprung kids have bowels that can't move the stool along). When she has it she vomits constantly and she has to go to the ER immediately. If untreated it can lead to things like bowel perforations and has a significant mortality risk.

I learned just how averse I am to seeing someone get an IV when they tried over, and over, and over to get her one while she was really sick a few times.

But like I said, overall we are very lucky, she's doing great.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      It's so hard to see your kids go thru stuff like this. Both my daughters have had pretty serious health issues in their teens, it must be even more heart breaking when they are little ones. Really hope things continue in a positive trend. the older i get the more i realize how priceless good health is.
      Thanks, and I agree on that last sentence completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Arenado, Sale, Bryant, Buehler seems like a great start. Trying to figure out what slot you drafted out of to get both Arenado and Sale. Sale must have falled in your league. I'm blindly guessing you picked in the 10 slot.
        Draft so far.

Screenshot (6).jpg
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Draft so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1162[/ATTACH]
          I think something compressed your picture, all I see when I zoom in is smudges.

I can tell you picked Arenado at 1.08 and Sale falling to 17 is a gift.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I think something compressed your picture, all I see when I zoom in is smudges.

I can tell you picked Arenado at 1.08 and Sale falling to 17 is a gift.
            Yeah I messed with this for so long I just gave up and went to sleep.

Screenshot (7).jpg

Says it's 1920x1920. Dunno.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Just made a misguided impulse pick with Willians Astudillo after Jansen got snagged a few picks before mine. I kind of love that round little hitting machine and want him to succeed. Of course, he's like the 3rd string catcher and might not even make the team. Could easily be a waste of a pick.

Comment

Just made a misguided impulse pick with Willians Astudillo after Jansen got snagged a few picks before mine. I kind of love that round little hitting machine and want him to succeed. Of course, he's like the 3rd string catcher and might not even make the team. Could easily be a waste of a pick.
                By far the highest upside of any catchers left at that point, but you are right there is some risk of playing time. I still like the pick and I'll have some shares myself this year.

Comment

• Thanks. I just couldn’t help myself after watching that video of A-stud launching one off of Berríos. It was such an easy, no-movement swing and it was crushed.

Comment

• Umjewboy looks like he could be related to Michael Cohen. Separated at birth?

Comment

Umjewboy looks like he could be related to Michael Cohen. Separated at birth?
                      Have u ever seen them in the same room ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Have u ever seen them in the same room ?
                        Do you mean prison?

Just like where Robert Kraft is headed! MAGA!!!

Comment

Umjewboy looks like he could be related to Michael Cohen. Separated at birth?
                          How do you know what he looks like

Comment

• He's been in the news quite a bit with the Mueller investigation
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Lol. He's my facebook friend. He's also a Jewish lawyer from New York. Which one am I talking about? That's for you to figure out!!!!

Comment

He's been in the news quite a bit with the Mueller investigation
                                I laughed at this more than I should have.

Comment

Working...
                                X