*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    cheese, bacon, onions and BBQ sauce on burgers. Avoid hotdogs, but would have cheese and onions if available. We used to eat hotdogs when the kids were little, but I don't think I have bought a package of hot dogs in like 10 years or more. I may still have a 10 year old package of hot dogs in my fridge
    No sourkrout?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      No sourkrout?
      Blech
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I keep writing to GITH and then deleting my posts. He is so tedious, but it's useless and makes me cranky to engage, so what's the point?

Comment

• It’s like global thermonuclear war - the only way to win is to not play the game.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            It’s like global thermonuclear war - the only way to win is to not play the game.
            There's actually a pretty fun war game I've been playing online with some dude named WOPR.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Blech
              i was standing at the condiments island at Sams or Costco, waiting to put some mustard on a hotdog... the dude in front of me was picking up each of the packets looking at his choices. He picked up a packet of sauerkraut and threw it down in a way similar to someone who had mistakenly picked up dog shit and just realized what was in their hand. His level of disdain cracked me up.

I like the stuff though.

Comment

i was standing at the condiments island at Sams or Costco, waiting to put some mustard on a hotdog... the dude in front of me was picking up each of the packets looking at his choices. He picked up a packet of sauerkraut and threw it down in a way similar to someone who had mistakenly picked up dog shit and just realized what was in their hand. His level of disdain cracked me up.

I like the stuff though.
                I love your way with words.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I like the stuff though.
                  I remember my mom made, or tried to make, a vat of home made sauer kraut once when I was in elementary school. It smelled soooooooooo bad. Maybe she packaged it and sold it to costco
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Me vs Ed in the “so you fucked your lineup” bowl tonight. It’s Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones versus Kerryon Johnson and 17 extra points. Let’s hope the poorly-named Mr. Johnson lives up to his moniker!
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I read your Matt Taibbi article, Feral, and still feel angry about it. Such a complete whiff on logic and reason, imo, from a guy I normally respect.

Comment

• I think it's true that Trump's now on a hook (Ukraine) that will be harder for him to wiggle off of than previous hooks that he has escaped, and that it's the intelligence community who is coming to get him with this one. I don't think it makes Trump's crimes in the Ukraine matter any less serious. Nor does the fact that he's gotten out of paying for similar misdeeds in the past against other adversaries, if you will, excuse what he did this time. I also don't believe that this sets up the CIA or whoever as the real shadow power behind our government.

I do wish CIA had somewhat less power than they do. I don't like that they can torture people and carry out extrajudicial renditions and kill people willy-nilly with drone strikes. But in terms of their ability to pull the levers of power in Washington, I'm not nearly as worried.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I read your Matt Taibbi article, Feral, and still feel angry about it. Such a complete whiff on logic and reason, imo, from a guy I normally respect.
                          Taibbi has really lost it.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Me vs Ed in the “so you fucked your lineup” bowl tonight. It’s Aaron Rodgers and Aaron Jones versus Kerryon Johnson and 17 extra points. Let’s hope the poorly-named Mr. Johnson lives up to his moniker!
                            Lots of messed up lineups this week - in one of my other leagues I have Robby Anderson (37.5), Hunter Henry (35), and Carson Wentz (29.5) on the bench with Goff (1.1), Mixon (5.9), and Coleman (14.1) in their spots. Sure would be nice to have that extra 81 points in my lineup!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Taibbi has really lost it.
                              I mean, what does Occam's Razor support: the notion that there is an underground cabal of deep state actors, liberals apparently because that makes sense, pervading the ranks of the intelligence communities in order to subvert the executive branch of government or.....everyone is concerned because the President is an unhinged idiot making psychotic foreign policy decisions that imperil us and our allies?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Lots of messed up lineups this week - in one of my other leagues I have Robby Anderson (37.5), Hunter Henry (35), and Carson Wentz (29.5) on the bench with Goff (1.1), Mixon (5.9), and Coleman (14.1) in their spots. Sure would be nice to have that extra 81 points in my lineup!
                                Ed's lineup mistake was more egregious than mine --- he has Diggs on the bench. I made the mistake of starting Ju-Ju when his 3rd string QB can't throw more than 3 yards downfield. I had Carlos Hyde in there and pulled him out at the last second because I am not a smart man.

Comment

Working...
                                X