X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Cirls
    Cirls Gone Wild

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      This Trump supporter's vote counts just as much as mine. Why is Bill Gates not in jail? Why is Hillary Clinton not in jail?
      This is why I could not be a public servant. I could not sit there and listen to that.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• And why is everyone so keen to constantly try and rehabilitate Mike Tyson's image? I know that perhaps we should not be judged on our worst moments, but his is raping someone. There's a laundry list of other awful stuff. But he's always lurking around the public in some fashion --- a cartoon (for god's sake), multiple comeback attempts, The Hangover, appearances on talk shows.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• That's it for this episode of "You Know What Grinds My Gears???" See you next week!
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So if fetuses are people or whatever, why didn't pregnant women get $500 more in that stimulus package?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              So if fetuses are people or whatever, why didn't pregnant women get $500 more in that stimulus package?
              This one wench on FB who was a friend of a friend that I'd never met, said, "I see that you have children. What if your pregnant wife was MURDERED, would you want the killer tried for one or two murders?" as part of her argument.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                This one wench on FB who was a friend of a friend that I'd never met, said, "I see that you have children. What if your pregnant wife was MURDERED, would you want the killer tried for one or two murders?" as part of her argument.
                I'd want them drawn and quartered... which is why I don't think grieving spouses should be making laws.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  This is why I need a mobile EMP device. Idiots like that need their hardware fried for the sake of civil society.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I hadn't been to fangraphs or any baseball site since probably March, but I took a look today. I hope they can keep the players safe and have a season.
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      I hadn't been to fangraphs or any baseball site since probably March, but I took a look today. I hope they can keep the players safe and have a season.
                      yeah, I feel like it's a mistake, but I so want to watch the Sixers again.... but I think it's a mistake.

Comment

• I am one part hopeful and excited and nine parts worried. I don't think the players are going to obey the safety protocols. Tom Brady is representative of a large contingent of players who don't believe it's dangerous. And then it becomes unmanly for the rest of the players to wear masks in the clubhouse and otherwise follow the protocols. Frequent testing can only do so much without a broad and cross-party societal agreement to take this much more seriously than we are. Every man for himself doesn't work in situations like these.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          I am one part hopeful and excited and nine parts worried. I don't think the players are going to obey the safety protocols. Tom Brady is representative of a large contingent of players who don't believe it's dangerous. And then it becomes unmanly for the rest of the players to wear masks in the clubhouse and otherwise follow the protocols. Frequent testing can only do so much without a broad and cross-party societal agreement to take this much more seriously than we are. Every man for himself doesn't work in situations like these.
                          Aside from the embarrassing Adria Tennis Tour ... this is Liverpool players celebrating winning the EPL last night.

These are UK beaches yesterday:

Barely anyone wears masks here. We are almost certainly doomed to a second wave.

Comment

• So the US has a fierce "don't tell me what I can and can't do" mentality. What's the philosophy in the UK that is keeping people from doing sensible things?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              So the US has a fierce "don't tell me what I can and can't do" mentality. What's the philosophy in the UK that is keeping people from doing sensible things?
                              It's the same here, and the Government know that, so they don't want to compel people to do what's needed because of how it might impact them come election time.
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 06-26-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                It's the same here, and the Government know that, so they don't want to compel people to do what's needed because of how it might impact them come election time.
                                Can't the Queen lock all the mask-flouters in the Tower?

Comment

Working...
                                X