Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cochrane seems really good for this late
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Cochrane is a great value at this point. Went back and forth between taking him or Bresnahan but ultimately thought the catcher slot was better spent in the 1900's and Bresnahan worked well for my team.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Cochrane seems really good for this late
        Yeah, he fits into my team well.

I had been holding off on my last catcher since there are only a handful left to be taken, but I convinced myself that DMT was taking him this round so I pulled the trigger.

Comment

• Bresnahan/Cochrane were the two I was considering at that point as well. Once you took B, I focused in on Cochrane, but the way the decades/positions lined up I was able two wait a couple rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Sorry I keep forgetting to do the BY for ol' Hughie. I'll take 1896 and I'll edit my pick in the draft thread.
            In the draft sheet on dropbox this still says 1895 fyi which does affect the standings slightly.

Comment

• Ken and I had been discussing catcher selections. I was also considering Cochrane when I took Stargell but if I can't afford to slack on catchers a bit with the start I have in hitting I have done something terribly wrong. Which I might have, of course.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                I know I wasn't prepared for Johnny's punting strategy to actually work, but that doesn't explain how I'm getting beaten handily by three other teams that aren't punting anything (as far as I can tell).
                I feel like I still have a chance at relevance. I think my plan of taking hitting until I could see how much dumping was happening in pitching has mostly worked out - I'm probably not going to end up with any 2s in pitching because Johnny/Heye/Hacko overlap to cover the possible places I could get one, so now it's just a question of whether I can get even up to mediocrity in some of the categories.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  now it's just a question of whether I can get even up to mediocrity in some of the categories.
                  This is sort of how I live my life. Doesn't make it a bad life.
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    This has been the toughest vintage draft I can remember. Just seems like the picks have been really good across the board but also hard to predict at times, which makes for a tough combo. Ken did a good job in his first draft but has really taken a step forward in this one.
                    It really feels this way to me.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        And yet, somehow, the Astros won a WS.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hey gang I know I'm up. I'll get right on it!
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            It's like when Revo posted a thread called something like "___ing while black." My brain reads it as "fucking while black" every single time.
                            I didn't start that thread, although I have posted in there frequently. I'm having a long-term argument (re: a few weeks) among my college friends in our group chat, half of whom see no issue whatsoever with blackface -- especially from 30+ years ago. And these guys are far from stupid, but as a history major (as well as an African-American studies minor), I frequently feel like they have no sense of American history, let alone civil rights history.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I didn't start that thread, although I have posted in there frequently. I'm having a long-term argument (re: a few weeks) among my college friends in our group chat, half of whom see no issue whatsoever with blackface -- especially from 30+ years ago. And these guys are far from stupid, but as a history major (as well as an African-American studies minor), I frequently feel like they have no sense of American history, let alone civil rights history.
                              And, as is so often the case, clearly no sense of privilege.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                In the draft sheet on dropbox this still says 1895 fyi which does affect the standings slightly.
                                Thought I changed that ... I did, but on my personal sheet, not the Real one. Fixed.

Comment

Working...
                                X