*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    dude, they are obviously going "fishing" i.e. drinking in the cabin the whole time.
    This too

Comment

• I got 12 pairs of Bombas socks for Christmas. They have left and right socks. Do I really need this added complication in my life!?!?!
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I count the porch as part of the cabin. We literally fish from the porch.
        Only catch fish wearing mask all others must be avoided.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I don't understand this reference, yet I still find it amusing
          Folks have confidently been trotting out all sorts of supposed experts and opinions in the COVID thread, including YouTube videos by Dr. John Campbell, who is a nurse and not an epidemiologist or similar. Still, I suppose his expertise surpasses that of others in that thread where hydroxychloroquine has been promoted, a discredited study from an economist at Johns Hopkins promoting the false claim that COVID-19 hasn’t led to more deaths than normal this year, and on and on. Shockingly, none of these things garnered the rush to fact checking by our resident Snopes wannabe.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            promoting the false claim that COVID-19 hasn’t led to more deaths than normal this year, and on and on. Shockingly, none of these things garnered the rush to fact checking by our resident Snopes wannabe.
            I was listening to Breitbart Radio (it was fun for a while listening to people cry about the stolen election) a couple nights back, and the host was talking about the increase in suicides and mental health issues that have come out of lock downs and comparing them to the Covid death toll and saying it wasn't worth it. Okay, but try comparing it to the assumed Covid death toll if there were no lock downs.
            She was also complaining about all the restaurants that were going out of business, how they had thought they would just need to last 3 weeks at the start and how it's turned into something else. This has always been the thing that pissed me off, that we had zero leadership and our Covid response was completely based on thoughts and prayers. Having the twice impeached President constantly saying things were going to be fine in two weeks and actively questioning the measures that would have kept the economy open is what has gotten us to where we are. I try to see other people's points of view, but I don't understand how this isn't obvious.

Comment

a discredited study from an economist at Johns Hopkins promoting the false claim that COVID-19 hasn’t led to more deaths than normal this year.
              I'm not familiar with this.

ha ha
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Folks have confidently been trotting out all sorts of supposed experts and opinions in the COVID thread, including YouTube videos by Dr. John Campbell, who is a nurse and not an epidemiologist or similar. Still, I suppose his expertise surpasses that of others in that thread where hydroxychloroquine has been promoted, a discredited study from an economist at Johns Hopkins promoting the false claim that COVID-19 hasn’t led to more deaths than normal this year, and on and on. Shockingly, none of these things garnered the rush to fact checking by our resident Snopes wannabe.
                YouTube videos...say no more
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tomorrow the u.s. will pass 400,000 covid deaths and yet way too many still think it is a hoax. Or that it is ok to let old people die. It's just so sad and depressing.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Tomorrow the u.s. will pass 400,000 covid deaths and yet way too many still think it is a hoax. Or that it is ok to let old people die. It's just so sad and depressing.
                    Especially if you are old people....

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      seriously, I'm surprised if you even have 10 keepers alive on your PONY team come draft time.

Comment

Hope u are feeling ok ! My wife got a vaccine last week and inam taking my mom to get one tomorrow. Will be happy when everyone can get one
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Hope u are feeling ok ! My wife got a vaccine last week and inam taking my mom to get one tomorrow. Will be happy when everyone can get one
                          I pretty much back to normal. Even picked up a few hours of work today. Fatigue is gone for the most part just a little of the cough left. Heart is back in rhythm. I’m ready for anything. But I think I will nap or pick up after letting Bene run a muck.

Comment

I pretty much back to normal. Even picked up a few hours of work today. Fatigue is gone for the most part just a little of the cough left. Heart is back in rhythm. I’m ready for anything. But I think I will nap or pick up after letting Bene run a muck.
                            Good to hear !
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Took my mom for her vaccine. She has dementia so I had to go in with her. Strange to be in a room with 200 people.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The fishing cabin was AMAZING.

Blew my expectations out of the water (pun intended)

I just came in from the porch, we just caught 22 trout in about an hour. I will definitely be coming back. Full report coming when I get back to dry land

Comment

Working...
                                X