Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I have for Barnes stat lines:

Code:
    playerID	Last	First	Start	Finish	Period       	AB	H	HR	RBI	R	SB	BB	HB	SF	PA	OBP
    barnero01	Barnes	Ross	1871	1881	Deadball	2391	860	6	346	698	103	116	0	0	2507	0.389
    Code:
    PlayerYear	playerID	Last	First	Year	AB	H	HR	RBI	R	SB	BB	HB	SF	PA	OBP
    barnero01_1873	barnero01	Barnes	Ross	1873	320	138	2	60	125	43	20	0	0	340	0.465
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Already done ... I updated your draft post also

Comment

• Interesting SABR bio for Barnes:

I liked this nugget:
        In the [1876-66] offseason, team owners engaged in a heated discussion about fair-foul hits and bunting. According to the Chicago Tribune, there were several proposals for rule changes: eliminate bunting altogether; require a batter to take a full, hard swing at the ball; ban fair-foul hitting completely; or a combination of all three. There is no proof that rule changes were directed at Ross Barnes.The Tribune noted that requiring batters to swing forcefully at the ball would almost certainly curtail bunting, as well as fair-foul hitting (which were often hit like a bunt); however, Ross Barnes would not be affected by such a change. Indeed the daily offered yet more proof of his overall hitting ability. “[Barnes] always hits [the fair-foul] with a full swing of the bat, and just as hard as he strikes any other kind of ball.” Ultimately, the fair-foul hit was banned.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Here just got home will make my pick in a few min
          Last edited by hacko; 01-18-2019, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• I guessed some numbers into shitty formulas in a spreadsheet because it sounds like what the cool people do. Now I will appreciate that it is telling me to take the same idiot I always take, way too early, and hope it works out.
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I'm here. I'll pick shortly.

Comment

• I was debating between two players, and the George Davis pick swayed me. I think Joe Kelley is a slightly better fit for my team, anyway.

Comment

• Hey hacko, I got a weird spammy looking video link from you in Facebook Messenger this morning. I am going to assume that wasn't actually from you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    Hey hacko, I got a weird spammy looking video link from you in Facebook Messenger this morning. I am going to assume that wasn't actually from you?
                    It was not. I’ve already changed my Password.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      It was not. I’ve already changed my Password.
                      You're up, in case you didn't know.

Comment

• I let myself get sucked into the 1J cosmology nonsense again. Probably gonna regret that.

Comment

I let myself get sucked into the 1J cosmology nonsense again. Probably gonna regret that.
                          You can’t win, it’s a trap!

Comment

• This draft will be an interesting test for me. I'm pursuing my traditional "just take the best value wherever I see it, and figure out how to turn it into a team later" approach. It feels like so many other teams are better than me right now. Either my valuations are wrong, or my feelings are wrong. Guess we will see.

Comment

You're up, in case you didn't know.
                              What? You are going the wrong way
                              Last edited by hacko; 01-18-2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

This draft will be an interesting test for me. I'm pursuing my traditional "just take the best value wherever I see it, and figure out how to turn it into a team later" approach. It feels like so many other teams are better than me right now. Either my valuations are wrong, or my feelings are wrong. Guess we will see.
                                Feelings! There are no Feelings in vintage Drafting!

Comment

Working...
                                X