Page 467 of 476 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 4754

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

My daughter just started her Junior year of HS and I turned 40 this summer. I guess we will have to start looking at colleges this year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I am smoking 25 lbs of pork tonight. May be an all nighter. Hope the electricity stays on so i dont need to spam you all
    Whoa, nice! I have a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain, but I find that the heat/smoke seeps out of the opening and around the cover. I tried making some modifications, but it didn't work and I grew frustrated with it. What do you have, and what would you recommend to fix my smoking problem?

No costco vodka for me for a month. No alcohol at all. Finally leaving the hospital tomorrow.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Whoa, nice! I have a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain, but I find that the heat/smoke seeps out of the opening and around the cover. I tried making some modifications, but it didn't work and I grew frustrated with it. What do you have, and what would you recommend to fix my smoking problem?
    I bought a Traeger Junior at Costco this spring. You plug it in fill the hopper with chips and set the temp. I really like the convenience and it controls temp reasonably well. 25 pounds was about the limit for what will fit.

So was the Weber leaking too much and you couldn't get it up to temperature ?
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    No costco vodka for me for a month. No alcohol at all. Finally leaving the hospital tomorrow.
    Good to hear, hope you are feeling better.
    Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.

I bought a Traeger Junior at Costco this spring. You plug it in fill the hopper with chips and set the temp. I really like the convenience and it controls temp reasonably well. 25 pounds was about the limit for what will fit.

So was the Weber leaking too much and you couldn't get it up to temperature ?
    Exactly. I'd fill it with the charcoal and wood, and within an hour the temp would sink to 150-200. I read online (after the fact) that this is sometimes a problem with the Smokey Mountains, so I asked for a new loader door and they sent it -- but it still didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Exactly. I'd fill it with the charcoal and wood, and within an hour the temp would sink to 150-200. I read online (after the fact) that this is sometimes a problem with the Smokey Mountains, so I asked for a new loader door and they sent it -- but it still didn't work.
    https://virtualweberbullet.com/tempe...-too-cool.html

Probably you have already done all this, but some stuff to check in the article above. Seems like if you have a good ignition and enough fuel and airflow it ought to heat up. Kind of puzzling.

EDIT- I guess I'd say try it with all the vents open and see if it will burn hot enough, you probably already tried this though.
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 08-25-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Damn, man you were in there a while. Hope you're doing ok.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid hacko's Avatar
    I am almost 53....i think hacko may be the old man now that i think about it.
    I am 62 - 63 in December - and I feel it every day -plus have gone to 4 funerals in the last month and should have gone to 3 others but on the plus side My Parents still are alive and in pretty good health . I have also changed up on my Diet and am down to 213 from a High of 236. Old Age take the good with the Bad.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid hacko's Avatar
    My daughter is going back to college tomorrow for her Sophomore year. Am I the old man here, anyone else got college kids ?
    I got a 19 year old Granddaughter!!!!
    41721396_10156687038581639_4672746657941553152_n.jpgMy 3 daughters all in 30's
    Last edited by hacko; 08-26-2019 at 09:40 AM.