Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Weed dispensary in space !
    if you have the weed do you need to go to space ? Or am I thinking about this wrong ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      if you have the weed do you need to go to space ? Or am I thinking about this wrong ?
      What about the people in space who need weed?
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

What about the people in space who need weed?
        They already have it.

Comment

• Ugh, Zeta predicted to be a hurricane at landfall tomorrow and headed right toward the New Orleans metro area. It looks like eyewall should go a little east of Metairie where I believe cb is.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Space Force, then?
            If anyone didn't see (I imagine I'm speaking to everyone) Space Force on Netflix, it was pretty good stuff. You could even say it was exceelent.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Ugh, Zeta predicted to be a hurricane at landfall tomorrow and headed right toward the New Orleans metro area. It looks like eyewall should go a little east of Metairie where I believe cb is.
              And to make it worse, they've had a major turbine failure for one of the pump power turbines. Orleans Parish now has just enough power capacity to keep the area pumped out. One more turbine failure will be catastrophic for the area.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                If anyone didn't see (I imagine I'm speaking to everyone) Space Force on Netflix, it was pretty good stuff. You could even say it was exceelent.
                You think? I watched the whole series, and while Episode 2 was hysterical, the rest of the series was meh IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  You think? I watched the whole series, and while Episode 2 was hysterical, the rest of the series was meh IMO.
                  I laughed a good bit. Was something decent RJEL girl and I enjoyed together. We don't watch a lot of the same stuff.

Comment

• Speaking of...

So I've been driving my 2005 Prius for 15 years now. It's been to Maine, Florida, Texas, and all the way out here to Cali. It had 205k miles on it, but the replacement battery I put in it 4 years ago was dying, and I was putting a quart of oil in it every 2 weeks. So it was time.
                    I use to be into cars when I was a kid, but now, I really have zero interest in having a car payment ever again, so I didn't want something new. RJEL girl wanted a new car for a while, so I told her I would buy her pristine (she takes care of her cars much better than I) 2010 prius with only 80k miles off her and she could get something new. She got some quotes for it and I offered her 7k for it which was fair. She went out and bought a 2020 Rav-4 hybrid for like 45k! whatever, she's happy. Its got a radio you can rewind! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, we were looking into transferring her title to me, but regardless of how much we listed the sale as, they were going to charge us market sales tax for the thing! Seemed ridiculous for us to pay $600 to transfer the car from one side of the garage to the other, so, long story short, I'm getting married tomorrow at 3pm.

Comment

• Congratulations!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Speaking of...

So I've been driving my 2005 Prius for 15 years now. It's been to Maine, Florida, Texas, and all the way out here to Cali. It had 205k miles on it, but the replacement battery I put in it 4 years ago was dying, and I was putting a quart of oil in it every 2 weeks. So it was time.
                        I use to be into cars when I was a kid, but now, I really have zero interest in having a car payment ever again, so I didn't want something new. RJEL girl wanted a new car for a while, so I told her I would buy her pristine (she takes care of her cars much better than I) 2010 prius with only 80k miles off her and she could get something new. She got some quotes for it and I offered her 7k for it which was fair. She went out and bought a 2020 Rav-4 hybrid for like 45k! whatever, she's happy. Its got a radio you can rewind! I've never heard of such a thing! Anyway, we were looking into transferring her title to me, but regardless of how much we listed the sale as, they were going to charge us market sales tax for the thing! Seemed ridiculous for us to pay $600 to transfer the car from one side of the garage to the other, so, long story short, I'm getting married tomorrow at 3pm.
                        Awesome ! So happy for both of u. Plus u save 600 bucks !
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So what's the deal with Daryl Morey going to the Sixers? Is Tilman Fertitta just that awful to work for?

I probably don't understand basketball rules and practices that well, either, because that kind of move would be unusual in baseball, at least, without the owner's permission.

Comment

So what's the deal with Daryl Morey going to the Sixers? Is Tilman Fertitta just that awful to work for?

I probably don't understand basketball rules and practices that well, either, because that kind of move would be unusual in baseball, at least, without the owner's permission.
                            the sixers fans are thrilled. I don't know why he separated from Houston, but the fans here are really happy it happened.

Comment

• I've heard Fertitta is not a nice guy, including in his other businesses, so maybe it's no more complicated than that. But why would Morey choose the Sixers?

Comment

I've heard Fertitta is not a nice guy, including in his other businesses, so maybe it's no more complicated than that. But why would Morey choose the Sixers?
                                They hit him up the moment he was available. I think they are one of the better young teams that has a position available, and he's got a relationship with the coach they just hired. It should be a good gig.

Comment

Working...
                                X