Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I'll drink any beer, totally not a snob
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Delicious! Make banana liqueur!
      I just threw some choc chip banana bread in the oven. Drinking molten bananas = losing.
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        ok, I'll drink any beer, totally not a snob
        I do have a couple funny stories about my brother the wine snob...
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I do have a couple funny stories about my brother the wine snob...
          so are wine snobs or beer snobs worse ?
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So, we have a lot of Southwest/Californians here. Flying to LA in May to pickup my daughter from college. I have 4-5 days vacation. Done most of LA/SD, what road trip should I do ? Go for the Grand Canyon ? Death Valley ? Relax in San Diego ? Joshua tree ? Zion is amazing too. trying to figure out a plan. Palm Springs ? Any suggestions ?
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

so are wine snobs or beer snobs worse ?
              wine snobs are worse
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I enjoy these diatribes very much. Bonus points for the self-answering.

Wine snobs are bad but a good friend of mine was a wine snob who sold fancy wines to stores and bars and restaurants. She got the best of the best and I drank like a fucking king for quite some time. Her place of business acquired a few different liquor accounts, too, after a while so she ended up with a full and well-stocked bar of all sorts of amazing booze. And that was back in my major enthusiasm for the sauce days. Rotated drinking Williams Selyem and Grey Goose Ducasse while mixing in 30 packs of PBR. Those days were very, very fun.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I enjoy these diatribes very much. Bonus points for the self-answering.

Wine snobs are bad but a good friend of mine was a wine snob who sold fancy wines to stores and bars and restaurants. She got the best of the best and I drank like a fucking king for quite some time. Her place of business acquired a few different liquor accounts, too, after a while so she ended up with a full and well-stocked bar of all sorts of amazing booze. And that was back in my major enthusiasm for the sauce days. Rotated drinking Williams Selyem and Grey Goose Ducasse while mixing in 30 packs of PBR. Those days were very, very fun.
                  Its nice to be appreciated
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Doesn't really seem like Google is living up to its "don't be evil" motto. Maybe it never did.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Doesn't really seem like Google is living up to its "don't be evil" motto. Maybe it never did.
                      This ????

George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ha, no that thing is awesome. I was referring more to the antitrust activities in which Google engages as well as their participation in PRISM (dating all the way back to 2009, apparently) and censorship in China. And just recently they refused and still refuse to remove a gay conversion therapy app from their platform.

Comment

So, we have a lot of Southwest/Californians here. Flying to LA in May to pickup my daughter from college. I have 4-5 days vacation. Done most of LA/SD, what road trip should I do ? Go for the Grand Canyon ? Death Valley ? Relax in San Diego ? Joshua tree ? Zion is amazing too. trying to figure out a plan. Palm Springs ? Any suggestions ?
                          you could do Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon all on the same trip. I've not heard great things about Joshua Tree, but have never been there myself, and I think I was talking to people who wouldn't have been interested in the first place, so mileage may vary. Death Valley is neat, but I'm not sure it's 4-5 days neat. It's close enough to Vegas that you could do those together. Surprisingly, Yosemite is closer than Bryce/Grand Canyon. It's positively wonderful there if you've never been.

Phillies are in LA/SD at the end of may into early June. RJEL Girl and I are headed down to catch a couple of games.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I saw a chart the other day indicating 75% of the people in u.s. prisons are not convicted of any crime.
                            As far as you know, I have not been convicted of any crime.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• cripes... is there a way to find a post with a word in it, or do you just find the threads that contain posts with that word... I don't want to troll through 10k posts looking for just one...
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                cripes... is there a way to find a post with a word in it, or do you just find the threads that contain posts with that word... I don't want to troll through 10k posts looking for just one...
                                If you search single content type (the left tab) there's a toggle at the bottom to show threads or posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X