No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty sure all my VD teams could be described as Grossly Unremarkable.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I'm pretty sure all my VD teams could be described as Grossly Unremarkable.
      I've heard some remarks
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
        It does surprise me that people really want to push Sanders again. I always like the idea of pushing for a more liberal agenda especially when my perception is that the Democrats have allowed the Republicans to deem centrists liberals, but regardless of that Sanders isn't the answer for me. He isn't going to win the nomination if Biden's numbers dwindle I believe they will go to others and I think Warren will present a more reasonable option for non-full on Sanders zealots.

I still can't believe I always get sucked back into those Hot Topic threads no matter how long I go away something sucks me back to get into debates where I won't change anyone's mind. I am not a smart man.
        Besides a couple posters on this site, : ) what don't you like about Sanders ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          He's like Liz Warren-lite, to me. He has ideas but only vague notions of how to enact them. It's true, for example, that a raise in taxes for employers and/or households will not necessarily be an increase in overall household or even corporate spending to pay for "Medicare for all". But the devil is certainly in the details - Sanders' plans are still, after all these years, essentially just bullet lists and white papers.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

He really hasn't passed much in the form of legislation in quite a long time in politics, he's been in Washinton forever and I won't bash him much as I don't disagree with a lot of his themes and admitted to voting for him in 2016, but it is going to be 4 years later and while that vote of mine was my own personal statement that I wanted the party to move left on the issues I have a lot more options this time. Last time it was really just Sanders and Clinton this time I think there are a number of thoughtful candidates with different qualities and for me personally, I don't want to nominate either Biden or Sanders because they have both had their chances and I don't think they are the best the party has to offer now. Warren to me is a better version of Bernie and has actually helped pass legislation. I need to see Harris in the debates but I did respect her on the judiciary committee. Mayor Pete has a little bit of that Obama charisma and intellect thing going on for me. That said if Biden or Sanders are the nominee I will do whatever I can to help them get elected and will definitely vote for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              He's like Liz Warren-lite, to me. He has ideas but only vague notions of how to enact them. It's true, for example, that a raise in taxes for employers and/or households will not necessarily be an increase in overall household or even corporate spending to pay for "Medicare for all". But the devil is certainly in the details - Sanders' plans are still, after all these years, essentially just bullet lists and white papers.
              I like this, I was replying when you posted this. I said Warren is a better version of Sanders who has actually passed some legislation and you are right she has actual ideas of how to enact some of her ideas.

Comment

I like this, I was replying when you posted this. I said Warren is a better version of Sanders who has actually passed some legislation and you are right she has actual ideas of how to enact some of her ideas.
                There are also some policy concerns for me, although I certainly could easily get over them when considering Sanders versus Trump (or anyone versus that criminal piece of shit). I strongly disagree with Sanders' stance, for example, that gun manufacturers should enjoy special legal immunity. I think his stance on GMOs is naive and unscientific. And honestly I'm still kind of pissed that Sanders and his band of loudmouth supporters ensured a Trump victory in 2016. I don't have a lot of respect for the anti-Hillary crowd, frankly, in substance or certainly in form.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The thing is, I probably disagree with Elizabeth Warren on more policy positions than I do Bernie Sanders. It just happens that I also believe her to be something closest to the smartest person in the entire country and someone who is capable of building coalitions and (god this kind of platitude is sorta nauseating) a unifier. I mean, she really does have a plan for just about everything and her plans are fucking detailed. She is at least as much about how to get there as where we should be, and I really appreciate that.

Comment

• I understand both your and Bene's points. And warren seems much sharper on policy. But i do appreciate his passion and believe he has the best understanding of what is wrong with America. Most of the dem's dont appeal to me at all. Hopefully they will select a candidate that can win and actually implement what i consider good policy . will be an interesting campaign and needless to say amy of them are preferable to trump by a huge margin
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There are also some policy concerns for me, although I certainly could easily get over them when considering Sanders versus Trump (or anyone versus that criminal piece of shit). I strongly disagree with Sanders' stance, for example, that gun manufacturers should enjoy special legal immunity. I think his stance on GMOs is naive and unscientific. And honestly I'm still kind of pissed that Sanders and his band of loudmouth supporters ensured a Trump victory in 2016. I don't have a lot of respect for the anti-Hillary crowd, frankly, in substance or certainly in form.
                      The anti- hillary thing and some of his supporters certainly bothers most people more than it does me.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The thing is, I probably disagree with Elizabeth Warren on more policy positions than I do Bernie Sanders. It just happens that I also believe her to be something closest to the smartest person in the entire country and someone who is capable of building coalitions and (god this kind of platitude is sorta nauseating) a unifier. I mean, she really does have a plan for just about everything and her plans are fucking detailed. She is at least as much about how to get there as where we should be, and I really appreciate that.
                        Yet, surprisingly, her policy positions on healthcare are sorely lacking.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I understand both your and Bene's points. And warren seems much sharper on policy. But i do appreciate his passion and believe he has the best understanding of what is wrong with America. Most of the dem's dont appeal to me at all. Hopefully they will select a candidate that can win and actually implement what i consider good policy . will be an interesting campaign and needless to say amy of them are preferable to trump by a huge margin
                          As long as that shitbag from KY controls the Senate, nothing substantially progressive will get passed.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He really hasn't passed much in the form of legislation in quite a long time in politics, he's been in Washinton forever and I won't bash him much as I don't disagree with a lot of his themes and admitted to voting for him in 2016, but it is going to be 4 years later and while that vote of mine was my own personal statement that I wanted the party to move left on the issues I have a lot more options this time. Last time it was really just Sanders and Clinton this time I think there are a number of thoughtful candidates with different qualities and for me personally, I don't want to nominate either Biden or Sanders because they have both had their chances and I don't think they are the best the party has to offer now. Warren to me is a better version of Bernie and has actually helped pass legislation. I need to see Harris in the debates but I did respect her on the judiciary committee. Mayor Pete has a little bit of that Obama charisma and intellect thing going on for me. That said if Biden or Sanders are the nominee I will do whatever I can to help them get elected and will definitely vote for them.
                            The whole Obama charisma thimg is actually a huge turn off for me. I foumd him trememdously disappointing
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              I agree
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                                In detail? Certainly not lacking more than Sanders'.

Comment

Working...
                                X