No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm here and will pick within 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      It occurred to me during the last draft that there was a really basic strategy that everyone was overlooking. In the letters drafts we have the artificial limit of three deadball pitchers, but we don't in this draft, and still nobody ever takes more than one or two. So there's a whole bunch of the second-tier ones left over at the end. I figure if I just take all of those, I can dump saves and still end up with a really good pitching staff.
      But the limit is still there -- it's actually more severe in this draft.

Comment

• What does the red #1 mean when it pops up next to someone's name in the draft spreadsheet on the rounds page?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          It occurred to me during the last draft that there was a really basic strategy that everyone was overlooking. In the letters drafts we have the artificial limit of three deadball pitchers, but we don't in this draft, and still nobody ever takes more than one or two. So there's a whole bunch of the second-tier ones left over at the end. I figure if I just take all of those, I can dump saves and still end up with a really good pitching staff.
          And I thought I was getting old man brain farts.

Comment

• I just drafted a long and involved boner joke.....and accidentally texted it to my mom instead of my wife.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              I just drafted a long and involved boner joke.....and accidentally texted it to my mom instead of my wife.
              Don't leave us hanging!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

What does the red #1 mean when it pops up next to someone's name in the draft spreadsheet on the rounds page?
                A red number means you have entered something incorrectly for that team. For example, you made a typo in a playerid, you entered a best year that doesn't exist in the spreadsheet, you have picked a duplicate decade, or you've assigned a h1/p1 label that is either duplicate or out of range.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Not sure if it's too early for Killebrew but I thought he got one of the biggest bumps from the switch to OBP -- both career and BY. He walked 145 times in 1969 -- .276 BA/.427 OBP.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Don't leave us hanging!
                    I took a picture of a bottle of vitamins and held it in front of the ol' junk, boner style, and wrote out a message about how I sure hoped these boner pills would get the job done or something like that. Pretty remarkably inappropriate for a text to mom. Probably inappropriate for a text to my wife, but that's part of the bargain when you sign up with El D.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      Not sure if it's too early for Killebrew but I thought he got one of the biggest bumps from the switch to OBP -- both career and BY. He walked 145 times in 1969 -- .276 BA/.427 OBP.
                      Killebrew is a great pick, imo.

Comment

I took a picture of a bottle of vitamins and held it in front of the ol' junk, boner style, and wrote out a message about how I sure hoped these boner pills would get the job done or something like that. Pretty remarkably inappropriate for a text to mom. Probably inappropriate for a text to my wife, but that's part of the bargain when you sign up with El D.
                        Nice!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Pretty remarkably inappropriate for a text to mom. Probably inappropriate for a text to my wife, but that's part of the bargain when you sign up with El D.
                          Depends on who's mom youre sending it to I guess
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            Depends on who's mom youre sending it to I guess
                            Squid's mom was most appreciative. Many moms, particularly older ones like mine, probably don't have any idea what a "chubby" refers to, thank god.

Comment

What does the red #1 mean when it pops up next to someone's name in the draft spreadsheet on the rounds page?
                              Seems to happen when I input mjl's player, then disappear when I put in the rest. But only mjl as far as I can see.

1. is supposed to signify that the player cannot be found, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. It's incidental in mjl's case I think.

Comment

• Is Ken here? ... so I know I need to prepare a pick

It's hard to tell these days with the longer log out timeout.

Comment

Working...
                                X