*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    maybe I should drive up to Seattle and bug Feral...

looks like 12 hours on the short route (ha! the Short route!) but more scenic options.
    I may be down in your neighborhood in late April
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think I'm most disappointed with my first round pick...
      revo liked it anyway
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

hey Mike... I've been off work for a while... if anything is up in SF, let me know... so long as it's not too expensive.
        Do you want to play some old-timey baseball? Or at least watch a game?

Kim has a handful of gigs coming up, her calendar is at https://www.kimnalley.com/concert-calendar. I can probably get you free tickets to most of them. You should really try to make it to the Mendocino one in July - it's an Aretha Franklin tribute with a full brass section and it's fantastic. She's done it a couple years in a row now. The other Aretha one at Stanford is just with her normal band and it's still good but it's not the same.

Also if you ever want me to look for jobs for you here let me know. Or if you want a free lunch some weekday that you're in town.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I applied for a gig at Adobe... good fit, maybe a bit of a large step forward, but I think I'm qualified... it's like a 5 hour round trip commute. I really don't want to do that. We shall see.

A friend of mine from back east it talking to a recruiter at Google. I don't know how interested she is in relocating though.

The July show sounds like a blast.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• fyi, gonna be an hour or two...probably closer to two
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• El Bene still needs to put in a year for his pick last round I think. Lazy ass.

Also, why does Jim Hunter officially go by hunteca01, but Goose Gossage has to go by gossari01. Just doesn't seem right. I wonder what Oyster Burns real name is ?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Been in a meeting since early this morning. Just got out and haven't caught up with today's picks yet. Gotta get some food and then I'll pick later tonight.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Also, CJ is stealing a lot of my picks, has Babe Ruth, has taken lots of tough decades, has more pitchers than hitters and is a consistently good drafter. Worrying about him making a big move before this is done.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Also, CJ is stealing a lot of my picks, has Babe Ruth, has taken lots of tough decades, has more pitchers than hitters and is a consistently good drafter. Worrying about him making a big move before this is done.
                    Feral Slasher jink complete
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Been in a meeting since early this morning. Just got out and haven't caught up with today's picks yet. Gotta get some food and then I'll pick later tonight.
                      I figured you were in a meeting yesterday when you blasted us with Diverse Mostly Banal Lore
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

El Bene still needs to put in a year for his pick last round I think. Lazy ass.
                        Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Will do soon!
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Garp is apparently not punting anything and also looking strong. Plus KS says Johnny will kill us all. DMT with Wally Big. hmmm...this could be a photo finish. Since I havent done any projections I could be really wrong, but it sure looks like it will be a great race
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Didn't really want him anyway. He will probably sell your team out.
                            Guess I should have known you were taking Sheckard. I was hoping he'd make it back to me for 1903, where he was better in a vacuum (although in 1911 he's better relative to the other options that decade).

Odd that he wasnt picked in VD10. I guess his OBP is a significant factor in his value.

But anyway.... just wanted to say, JERK!

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              Do you want to play some old-timey baseball? Or at least watch a game?

Kim has a handful of gigs coming up, her calendar is at https://www.kimnalley.com/concert-calendar. I can probably get you free tickets to most of them. You should really try to make it to the Mendocino one in July - it's an Aretha Franklin tribute with a full brass section and it's fantastic. She's done it a couple years in a row now. The other Aretha one at Stanford is just with her normal band and it's still good but it's not the same.

Also if you ever want me to look for jobs for you here let me know. Or if you want a free lunch some weekday that you're in town.
                              Any baseball or gigs in late April (nothing on calendar that i saw). That is when i might be visiting colleges in the bay area. I'm a junior this year and really trying to find a good school. Ok, my daughter is a junior. She would also enjoy a concert if they are in venues for under 21
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Guess I should have known you were taking Sheckard. I was hoping he'd make it back to me for 1903, where he was better in a vacuum (although in 1911 he's better relative to the other options that decade).

Odd that he wasnt picked in VD10. I guess his OBP is a significant factor in his value.

But anyway.... just wanted to say, JERK!
                                Thanks for the kind words !!! I've been worried about career runs, possibly needlessly, but that's why I passed on Jackson earlier, because otherwise he is perfect for my team
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X