*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Some Noob
    My first suspect on the fridge would be whoever spent the weekend at Bernie's.
    Wow, just wow.

The left wants to just make suspects out of anyone who is even near a refrigerator. Not even a standard for doing so. No beyond a reasonable doubt, no preponderance of the evidence, no clear and convincing evidence, just lock up any poor soul who happened to spend a weekend with a dead guy (or a near death non-dead guy.....the left is so determined in their refrigerator derangement syndrome you can't even tell sometimes).
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Wow, just wow.

The left wants to just make suspects out of anyone who is even near a refrigerator.
      It wasn't me of that is what u are implying. Nothing but american fast food in my diet
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• You can tell our country is held in high esteem by the degree to which our dear leader elicits raucous laughter when he speaks abroad. They are clearly enamored with his eloquence and thoughtfulness. I mean, why else would they laugh?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          It wasn't me of that is what u are implying. Nothing but american fast food in my diet
          Wow.

The left is trying to ban all foreign foods. I mean, have you fucking pinkos even heard of due process? #burritolivesmatter

Comment

• So anyone reading any good books out there in VD world? I've been blazing through a bunch of sci-fi series mixed in with some other random stuff here and there. Here are some recommendations of awesome books I've read recently:

Lonesome Dove --- how the fuck did not ever read this before? Just a hell of a book. Do yourself a favor and read it. Good characters, nice pacing, but just a really, really cool backdrop for the whole story.

Red Rising Trilogy by Pearce Brown --- I am actually just finishing this series (there's now a 4th book, too) for the third time. Best sci-fi series I've ever read, hands down. Kind of Hunger Games-ish but oh so much much more. I fucking LOVED this book. Of course, there's a good deal of revolutionary, fight the man type of stuff so perhaps it's not a huge surprise I'd love it.

Skyward Trilogy by Brian Sanderson --- Anyway, this is just pretty easy reading young adult-y stuff, I guess. Kind of filler but great page turners with cool concepts. I liked the books a good deal. Recommended for sure.

The Blade Itself (The First Law Trilogy) by Joe Abercrombie --- What's up with these sci-fi nerds and their trilogies? This one is far more on the brutal side of things. Shit goes down and goes down extremely hard in the First Law books. Crazy cool idea for a story with a totally blow your mind ending. These were just great books.

James Potter - some mega fanfiction from the Potter universe. I assumed it would be dumb because, I mean, fanfiction? WTF? It started off very strong. But I slowly realized that while the pacing and descriptions are quite similar to JK Rowling's style, it's like getting that weird fake tomato shit on your pizza instead of the real thing. Or getting carob instead of chocolate. I mean, at the very first it's sort of like "yeah, this is kind like a pizza! or yeah, this is a little chocolatey!" But then several bites in you realize you just have a facsimile of the real thing and even though it's kinda close, it quickly becomes hard to palate.

Life of Pi --- a re-read that I blazed though in like two days. Hell of a book. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Comment

• I'm thinking of starting up Blood Meridian again because I'm on a mini western books kick for a bit. But I need to build up and prepare for reading that book. If anyone here has ever read it, you know what I'm talking about. Cormac McCarthy just does not fuck around when it comes to showing some pretty dark stuff and rough people doing unspeakable things.

Comment

So anyone reading any good books out there in VD world? I've been blazing through a bunch of sci-fi series mixed in with some other random stuff here and there. Here are some recommendations of awesome books I've read recently:

Lonesome Dove --- how the fuck did not ever read this before? Just a hell of a book. Do yourself a favor and read it. Good characters, nice pacing, but just a really, really cool backdrop for the whole story.

Red Rising Trilogy by Pearce Brown --- I am actually just finishing this series (there's now a 4th book, too) for the third time. Best sci-fi series I've ever read, hands down. Kind of Hunger Games-ish but oh so much much more. I fucking LOVED this book. Of course, there's a good deal of revolutionary, fight the man type of stuff so perhaps it's not a huge surprise I'd love it.

Skyward Trilogy by Brian Sanderson --- Anyway, this is just pretty easy reading young adult-y stuff, I guess. Kind of filler but great page turners with cool concepts. I liked the books a good deal. Recommended for sure.

The Blade Itself (The First Law Trilogy) by Joe Abercrombie --- What's up with these sci-fi nerds and their trilogies? This one is far more on the brutal side of things. Shit goes down and goes down extremely hard in the First Law books. Crazy cool idea for a story with a totally blow your mind ending. These were just great books.

James Potter - some mega fanfiction from the Potter universe. I assumed it would be dumb because, I mean, fanfiction? WTF? It started off very strong. But I slowly realized that while the pacing and descriptions are quite similar to JK Rowling's style, it's like getting that weird fake tomato shit on your pizza instead of the real thing. Or getting carob instead of chocolate. I mean, at the very first it's sort of like "yeah, this is kind like a pizza! or yeah, this is a little chocolatey!" But then several bites in you realize you just have a facsimile of the real thing and even though it's kinda close, it quickly becomes hard to palate.

Life of Pi --- a re-read that I blazed though in like two days. Hell of a book. If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and check it out.
                I cried when voldemort killed james potter....so tragic
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  I cried when voldemort killed james potter....so tragic
                  Huh, I actually hadn't finished it yet. He dies? Honestly, I stopped reading it in favor of the next series by Joe Abercrombie. Tough break for young James, though, to be sure. Sucks at Quidditch and then gets axed by Moldy Voldy.

Comment

Huh, I actually hadn't finished it yet. He dies? Honestly, I stopped reading it in favor of the next series by Joe Abercrombie. Tough break for young James, though, to be sure. Sucks at Quidditch and then gets axed by Moldy Voldy.
                    Ooooh....forgot the spoiler alert
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wow, just wow.

The left wants to just make suspects out of anyone who is even near a refrigerator. Not even a standard for doing so. No beyond a reasonable doubt, no preponderance of the evidence, no clear and convincing evidence, just lock up any poor soul who happened to spend a weekend with a dead guy (or a near death non-dead guy.....the left is so determined in their refrigerator derangement syndrome you can't even tell sometimes).
                      I have to remind myself that this is the relationship with reality in those threads:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• 100 years from now when your great great grandkids go to Mt. Rushmore to see the Donald, they will wonder why you guys didn't appreciate his greatness
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Man, I feel a deep sense of sadness after watching that video. It's so crazy to have such an unbelievably terrible human being at the helm right now. Everything is upside down and wrong.

Comment

• When people look at Obama and said "what an awful president" and look at Trump and say "what a great president" it tells you far more about the character and wisdom of that person than it tells you about the performance of presidents.

I just wish it wasn't such a damning referendum on 45% of our country.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• And I don't think Barack Obama made the right decisions all the time. He made some pretty bad decisions. But, seriously, what better man would you want in charge? At least he was trying to do the right thing and actually had values I'd want to see replicated in our society and held by my children.

Comment

Working...
                              X