*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    30% seems low, I think the number out of work could be higher. 70% cannot work from home currently, are the other 40% essential services?
    You put a lot more thought into your estimate than I did into mine, lol.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I thought this article was very good:

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So Japan and South Korea might actually have baseball.
        Are there any fantasy baseball options covering those leagues? Maybe we could do one manually at first, automating it as the season progresses. We could build up a site while playing it.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          So Japan and South Korea might actually have baseball.
          Are there any fantasy baseball options covering those leagues? Maybe we could do one manually at first, automating it as the season progresses. We could build up a site while playing it.
          In! Should we use players from both leagues or choose one or the other?
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I want to go downstairs and start cooking dinner, but RJEL Girl can't stop listening to the news. I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out than have to listen to the daily WH briefing.

Comment

• Tetsuto Yamada went 30/30 last year with 35HRs and 33SBs

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I want to go downstairs and start cooking dinner, but RJEL Girl can't stop listening to the news. I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out than have to listen to the daily WH briefing.
                she's calling the PoTUS an asshole and audibly scoffing on the regular, but still watching.

Comment

Tetsuto Yamada went 30/30 last year with 35HRs and 33SBs
                  Yamada is sooooo ugly... (how ugly is she)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Yamada is sooooo ugly... (how ugly is she)
                    I'm going to stop trying to come up with the next line to this joke since all my choices have either been dark, racist or homophobic (he plays for the Yakult Swallows).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      Now I'm completely plwoed at the moment as a reuslt of my neighbor comign back from Japan tonight and giving me a dammed waterlglass of %&^&$*%^( aprciot soju to drink without tellign me that the %&^* is 180 proof, so my frame of mnid mitght be a bit off-- nobody should be thid drunk off of somethinf that tastes like aprico9ts... but waht do odds means whenh you can';t figure out the qusetion. We don';t undrerstand the universe, so putting odds onn things that occur within it is what....? Stupid. Just not a good idea, it isn';t. Dumb and bad too do whath you don't knoww about. Silly, like not smart from sdmart enough people.
                      That's funny. Add a little racism in there with some dogs and trailers and you are there.

Comment

• Happy birthday, Wayne!
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Happy Birthday Heye ! Hope you have some Lite Caesar to celebrate the occasion.
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• thanks all... really not sure what to do today. It feels like I should celebrate or something, but it's the same as every other day in isolation. I'm thinking of working tonight just to get out.

Comment

thanks all... really not sure what to do today. It feels like I should celebrate or something, but it's the same as every other day in isolation. I'm thinking of working tonight just to get out.
                              My son had his birthday yesterday. It was not a very triumphant party, but we did the best we could. The days do all run together now.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• "It is like building a puzzle where people keep stealing some of the pieces."

who's line was this originally? JC? SeaDog? Eld? Someone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X