No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In my Al league with rules all trades have to be to make your team better this year. Until dump season.
    Team A trades Bogaret ,Merrifield,Matz, Martin Perez
    Team B trades: Brandon Lowe, J Wendle,Nate Pearson, Christian Javier

Thoughts

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      In my Al league with rules all trades have to be to make your team better this year. Until dump season.
      Team A trades Bogaret ,Merrifield,Matz, Martin Perez
      Team B trades: Brandon Lowe, J Wendle,Nate Pearson, Christian Javier

Thoughts
      There is a very small chance that Javier, Pearson and Lowe are as valuable as Bogaerts and Merrified. Less than 5% I would guess without thinking much about it. If this is a salary league the salaries for each player would provide more context.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Lowe is11 opt
        Pearson is 5 rookie
        Javier is 18 first year

Merrfield is lost after this year
        Borgaerts is 36 opt

Comment

Lowe is11 opt
          Pearson is 5 rookie
          Javier is 18 first year

Merrfield is lost after this year
          Borgaerts is 36 opt
          So it appears the team acquiring Pearson, Javier, and Lowe is looking a bit to the future. I think is unlikely that they or anyone would expect this trade to make them better this season, although things could break right and it might turn out that way, it just doesn't seem likely
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            So it appears the team acquiring Pearson, Javier, and Lowe is looking a bit to the future. I think is unlikely that they or anyone would expect this trade to make them better this season, although things could break right and it might turn out that way, it just doesn't seem likely
            Yeah, that's a tough rule without some kind of empirical test you need to pass
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I don't think I'd make that trade, but if I'm the guy trading away Bogaerts, one of the available arguments is: "Perez and Matz suck, they wouldn't ever be in my starting lineup, I expect Pearson back soon so I'm getting 4 starters back in place of 2. I'm high on all 4 players I'm getting in return. While young and unproven, I think Pearson and Javier will improve my pitching staff, which is my biggest weakness, dramatically. I'm punting steals and average this year as a strategic play to win other categories so Merrifield and Bogaerts are less valuable to me. And personally I need the overall team depth more than the quality of 2 specific hitters this year in order to compete."

I'm not sure how you can argue against something like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I don't think I'd make that trade, but if I'm the guy trading away Bogaerts, one of the available arguments is: "Perez and Matz suck, they wouldn't ever be in my starting lineup, I expect Pearson back soon so I'm getting 4 starters back in place of 2. I'm high on all 4 players I'm getting in return. While young and unproven, I think Pearson and Javier will improve my pitching staff, which is my biggest weakness, dramatically. I'm punting steals and average this year as a strategic play to win other categories so Merrifield and Bogaerts are less valuable to me. And personally I need the overall team depth more than the quality of 2 specific hitters this year in order to compete."

I'm not sure how you can argue against something like that.
                I think Matz is taking your statement personally!!!

Comment

I think Matz is taking your statement personally!!!
                  Note, that's not my statement, it's a rationalization that could reasonably be made by the guy making that trade.

BTW what happened with the trade

Comment

• was down to 1 keeper spot and had:
                    Grichuk $8
                    Pederson $9
                    Nimmo $10.

I chose poorly, so far.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Note, that's not my statement, it's a rationalization that could reasonably be made by the guy making that trade.

BTW what happened with the trade
                      They changed the trade a little adding more ML players. Still not a great trade for the owner trading XB but he basically got 5 for 3 ( Matz being the third). They also took out a player Reily Greene who really made the original trade look like a trade for the future( I know I didn’t include that part of the trade tidbit)
                      The owner getting the Bogarets knew it wasn’t a good trade ( that is why he ran it by me first before posting) and the other owner Our first new owner in 5 years admitted he knew it didn’t make him better for this year but really like the young players/ contracts he was getting for future. Plus he gets a woody just mentioning Greene.

Comment

They changed the trade a little adding more ML players. Still not a great trade for the owner trading XB but he basically got 5 for 3 ( Matz being the third). They also took out a player Reily Greene who really made the original trade look like a trade for the future( I know I didn’t include that part of the trade tidbit)
                        The owner getting the Bogarets knew it wasn’t a good trade ( that is why he ran it by me first before posting) and the other owner Our first new owner in 5 years admitted he knew it didn’t make him better for this year but really like the young players/ contracts he was getting for future. Plus he gets a woody just mentioning Greene.
                        Thanks for the update.

If the guy admitted that it didn't help him this year it sounds like he was just blatantly disregarding the rules and needs a refresher on them.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

If the guy admitted that it didn't help him this year it sounds like he was just blatantly disregarding the rules and needs a refresher on them.
                          Like I said he was new and thought it was more of a guideline then a strict policy he got the 5 dollar lecture.
                          Told him before making a trade ask yourself - will this make you better for this year.
                          If all players in trade CAN’T be kept would you make the trade.

Comment

Like I said he was new and thought it was more of a guideline then a strict policy he got the 5 dollar lecture.
                            Told him before making a trade ask yourself - will this make you better for this year.
                            If all players in trade CAN’T be kept would you make the trade.
                            Nice, well handled

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              was down to 1 keeper spot and had:
                              Grichuk $8
                              Pederson $9
                              Nimmo $10.

I chose poorly, so far.
                              I have always liked Nimmo, but he sucks or is injured when I own him. When I trade him or don't keep him he is really good. I guess I don't really like him anymore
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I have always liked Nimmo, but he sucks or is injured when I own him. When I trade him or don't keep him he is really good. I guess I don't really like him anymore
                                Interesting - can you let us know a few days in advance so we can adjust accordingly?

Comment

Working...
                                X