No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Andersen, Fernando Tatis and Cody Bellinger all injured already, not to mention Trend Grisham's preseason injury.
    Can I take out an insurance policy on Mookie Betts?
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• i constantly get emails where people address me as Steve or Steven (wayne stevens). Most of the time I just ignore it... actually, all the time I just ignore it, because they are usually just passing conversations and I will never talk to the people again. I've got one dude that I email back and forth with like once a week for around 6 months now. Usually I feel correcting people is unnecessary, but at some point I feel like I should have with this dude, and now that window has closed. Hey, you've been calling me the wrong name for 6 months.

at what point do you think I should point this out to people? Does it ever matter? I can be steve forever, I don't really care, I just feel like at some point he may catch on and wonder why I never said anything.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        i constantly get emails where people address me as Steve or Steven (wayne stevens). Most of the time I just ignore it... actually, all the time I just ignore it, because they are usually just passing conversations and I will never talk to the people again. I've got one dude that I email back and forth with like once a week for around 6 months now. Usually I feel correcting people is unnecessary, but at some point I feel like I should have with this dude, and now that window has closed. Hey, you've been calling me the wrong name for 6 months.

at what point do you think I should point this out to people? Does it ever matter? I can be steve forever, I don't really care, I just feel like at some point he may catch on and wonder why I never said anything.
        That reminds me of someone at work who I have typed her name about 50 times, and on the 51st time I misspelled it and got an immediate correction.

You could always change your name to Steven Wayne to avoid a potentially awkward situation.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I can be steve forever, I don't really care
          We're all steve here, anyway.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

at what point do you think I should point this out to people?
            The second time they do it. Once is maybe an accident, or you'll never talk to them again, or they'll figure it out on their own, or someone else will tell them. If you correct them the second time, then it's a little awkward, but not nearly as awkward as if you don't.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              The second time they do it. Once is maybe an accident, or you'll never talk to them again, or they'll figure it out on their own, or someone else will tell them. If you correct them the second time, then it's a little awkward, but not nearly as awkward as if you don't.
              Thanks, Kevan
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Thanks, Kevan
                Mispelings, one the other hand, are not nealry as big a deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Mispelings, one the other hand, are not nealry as big a deal.
                  Ok, Bill
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My First name is Del and I always got Dale or Delbert. Then the Dell laptop came and I always say my name is Del like the computer. One guy at the bar I go to now always calls me “ computer Del”. Of course everyone now spells my name Dell - like the computer.

Comment

• just listened to the end of the twins-tigers game
                      gonna check prices on an Akil Baddoo jersey
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• tell him your college roomate called you Stevens, but everybody else calls you Wayne.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          just listened to the end of the twins-tigers game
                          gonna check prices on an Akil Baddoo jersey
                          Feral can offer some good advice on the jersey market.

Comment

• what kind of lunatic would spend 139.99 for a jersey

Comment

• some site I've never heard of has an XL for $53.

Comment

• Steve can I borrow $53

Comment

Working...
                                X