Page 134 of 450 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 4496

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    El Bene still needs to put in a year for his pick last round I think. Lazy ass.
    Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Will do soon!
    Draft dodgers should not get military parades.

Garp is apparently not punting anything and also looking strong. Plus KS says Johnny will kill us all. DMT with Wally Big. hmmm...this could be a photo finish. Since I havent done any projections I could be really wrong, but it sure looks like it will be a great race

Big Leaguer
    Didn't really want him anyway. He will probably sell your team out.
    Guess I should have known you were taking Sheckard. I was hoping he'd make it back to me for 1903, where he was better in a vacuum (although in 1911 he's better relative to the other options that decade).

Odd that he wasnt picked in VD10. I guess his OBP is a significant factor in his value.

But anyway.... just wanted to say, JERK!

Quote Originally Posted by mjl View Post
    Do you want to play some old-timey baseball? Or at least watch a game?

Kim has a handful of gigs coming up, her calendar is at https://www.kimnalley.com/concert-calendar. I can probably get you free tickets to most of them. You should really try to make it to the Mendocino one in July - it's an Aretha Franklin tribute with a full brass section and it's fantastic. She's done it a couple years in a row now. The other Aretha one at Stanford is just with her normal band and it's still good but it's not the same.

Also if you ever want me to look for jobs for you here let me know. Or if you want a free lunch some weekday that you're in town.
    Any baseball or gigs in late April (nothing on calendar that i saw). That is when i might be visiting colleges in the bay area. I'm a junior this year and really trying to find a good school. Ok, my daughter is a junior. She would also enjoy a concert if they are in venues for under 21

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Guess I should have known you were taking Sheckard. I was hoping he'd make it back to me for 1903, where he was better in a vacuum (although in 1911 he's better relative to the other options that decade).

Odd that he wasnt picked in VD10. I guess his OBP is a significant factor in his value.

Thanks for the kind words !!! I've been worried about career runs, possibly needlessly, but that's why I passed on Jackson earlier, because otherwise he is perfect for my team

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Will do soon!
    Let me know if you need a suggestion !

Garp is apparently not punting anything and also looking strong. Plus KS says Johnny will kill us all. DMT with Wally Big. hmmm...this could be a photo finish. Since I havent done any projections I could be really wrong, but it sure looks like it will be a great race
    I found this loophole since we're doing decades I don't have to pick any MIs, wooohooo!
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    I found this loophole since we're doing decades I don't have to pick any MIs, wooohooo!
    Have you been coordinating with mjl ?

Big Leaguer
    Any baseball or gigs in late April (nothing on calendar that i saw). That is when i might be visiting colleges in the bay area. I'm a junior this year and really trying to find a good school. Ok, my daughter is a junior. She would also enjoy a concert if they are in venues for under 21
    No gigs scheduled but she adds things pretty frequently. I'll keep you posted. Baseball schedule is at http://bavbb.com/schedule, we have a game Sun Apr 14 or 28 in Golden Gate Park if that works for you.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

I also noticed he wasn't taken in VD10 so I was tempted to try to slip him thru another round.