Page 133 of 449 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 4484

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    maybe I should drive up to Seattle and bug Feral...

looks like 12 hours on the short route (ha! the Short route!) but more scenic options.
    I may be down in your neighborhood in late April

I think I'm most disappointed with my first round pick...
    revo liked it anyway

Big Leaguer
    hey Mike... I've been off work for a while... if anything is up in SF, let me know... so long as it's not too expensive.
    Do you want to play some old-timey baseball? Or at least watch a game?

Kim has a handful of gigs coming up, her calendar is at https://www.kimnalley.com/concert-calendar. I can probably get you free tickets to most of them. You should really try to make it to the Mendocino one in July - it's an Aretha Franklin tribute with a full brass section and it's fantastic. She's done it a couple years in a row now. The other Aretha one at Stanford is just with her normal band and it's still good but it's not the same.

Also if you ever want me to look for jobs for you here let me know. Or if you want a free lunch some weekday that you're in town.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I applied for a gig at Adobe... good fit, maybe a bit of a large step forward, but I think I'm qualified... it's like a 5 hour round trip commute. I really don't want to do that. We shall see.

A friend of mine from back east it talking to a recruiter at Google. I don't know how interested she is in relocating though.

The July show sounds like a blast.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

fyi, gonna be an hour or two...probably closer to two

El Bene still needs to put in a year for his pick last round I think. Lazy ass.

Also, why does Jim Hunter officially go by hunteca01, but Goose Gossage has to go by gossari01. Just doesn't seem right. I wonder what Oyster Burns real name is ?

Been in a meeting since early this morning. Just got out and haven't caught up with today's picks yet. Gotta get some food and then I'll pick later tonight.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Also, CJ is stealing a lot of my picks, has Babe Ruth, has taken lots of tough decades, has more pitchers than hitters and is a consistently good drafter. Worrying about him making a big move before this is done.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Also, CJ is stealing a lot of my picks, has Babe Ruth, has taken lots of tough decades, has more pitchers than hitters and is a consistently good drafter. Worrying about him making a big move before this is done.
    Feral Slasher jink complete

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Been in a meeting since early this morning. Just got out and haven't caught up with today's picks yet. Gotta get some food and then I'll pick later tonight.
    I figured you were in a meeting yesterday when you blasted us with Diverse Mostly Banal Lore