No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's terrible, Ken. Hope all works out.

Also terrible is this dive boat fire in Santa Barbara, California. 34 unaccounted for and presumed dead. Heye, have you ever went on this boat?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      That's terrible, Ken. Hope all works out.

Also terrible is this dive boat fire in Santa Barbara, California. 34 unaccounted for and presumed dead. Heye, have you ever went on this boat?
      I was thinking about Heye as well, figured he wasn't feeling good enough at this point to be on the boat. Hope to hear him chime in soon
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I dunno if he was on vacation or something (or if he's moved, I think there have been about 200 pages of this thread since the last time I checked in) but Santa Barbara isn't anywhere close to where I think he lives.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
          I dunno if he was on vacation or something (or if he's moved, I think there have been about 200 pages of this thread since the last time I checked in) but Santa Barbara isn't anywhere close to where I think he lives.
          It's not in Placer County ? ha ha. I assume he's alright, just know that he dives and this was in California, so would be good to hear he's alright.
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Was not diving. Still barely up too walking a couple of miles.

Very sorry to hear Ken.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              Was not diving. Still barely up too walking a couple of miles.

Very sorry to hear Ken.
              Glad you are up and moving.

My update - trying out experimental treatments Monday if we can get sign off from insurance. Botox on the sphincter, who would have guessed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25616563

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Glad you are up and moving.

My update - trying out experimental treatments Monday if we can get sign off from insurance. Botox on the sphincter, who would have guessed. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25616563
                Best wishes for good results.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Best wishes for good results.
                  What he said.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Good luck, Ken. If I were a prayin' man, I'd be prayin' for you and your family. Your daughter must be quite the warrior! Fingers crossed for you guys about the insurance and, more importantly, the treatment being successful.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Ah, yet another year living the dream as a Raiders fan. 17 straight years of pure winning, something sure to continue with our humble new superstar Antonio Brown.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Two things I don’t get: 1. People preferring vinyl to other forms of music and 2. People preferring “real” books to kindle or other digital reading media.

Comment

• I prefer paper books to reading books on my phone. I haven't been convinced to get a larger e-reader, but it's possible I would like it if I did.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            I prefer paper books to reading books on my phone. I haven't been convinced to get a larger e-reader, but it's possible I would like it if I did.
                            Phones are pretty small for reading. Kindles (or whatever the non-evil version is) are just fucking awesome. I mean, you can hold hundreds of books on one! You can check out digital books from your library online directly to your device. It's sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Phones are pretty small for reading. Kindles (or whatever the non-evil version is) are just fucking awesome. I mean, you can hold hundreds of books on one! You can check out digital books from your library online directly to your device. It's sweet.
                              I've read more books because of the Kindle than anything else.

Comment

• Killin' hippy ass Anitfa tyranny lovers for Jesus. This is actually a real thing that's apparently real. Also it stars Hercules, which gives it added legitimacy. The testimonials are a nice added touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X